Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • has324
    • By has324 18th Mar 17, 2:05 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    has324
    Reclaim PPI for Deceased Relative?
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:05 PM
    Reclaim PPI for Deceased Relative? 18th Mar 17 at 2:05 PM
    Dear All,

First post so a bit new to this. Unfortunately in 2015 my father passed away and I am one of the executer's of his estate. I know that he has taken out several loans, credit cards and a mortgage over the last 30-40 years. Is it possible for me to investigate his PPI and reclaim if necessary on his behalf?

Thanks for your help and advice.
Page 1
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 18th Mar 17, 2:26 PM
    • 763 Posts
    • 816 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:26 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:26 PM
    I'm not an expert - hopefully one will pop up soon - but I'd have thought that your problem would be proving that your dad had been mis-sold these policies.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 18th Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 86,759 Posts
    • 51,926 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    . Is it possible for me to investigate his PPI and reclaim if necessary on his behalf?
    The executor of the estate can put a complaint in but the reasons are more limited than someone alive. You cannot make allegations of what may or may not have been said. It has to focus on factual things like eligibility or, with advised cases, suitability.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,400Posts Today

7,836Users online

Martin's Twitter