Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • madaminx
    • By madaminx 18th Mar 17, 2:00 PM
    • 202Posts
    • 58Thanks
    madaminx
    Estate Agents Belfast
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:00 PM
    Estate Agents Belfast 18th Mar 17 at 2:00 PM
    Hi there

I live in East Belfast and I am preparing to put my house on the market for sale with view to moving to another area in East Belfast.

Can anyone provide any recommendations in terms of Estate Agents? Also on another related note car boots in East Belfast.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bless ya .

Carol
Page 1
    • fluffykins13
    • By fluffykins13 19th Mar 17, 7:27 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    fluffykins13
    • 19th Mar 17, 7:27 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 7:27 AM
    Highly recommend John Minnis, we sold in East Belfast and moved to another property in the East, did both with John Minnis and they were excellent from start to finish. The only bit in the process that wasn't stressful!
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 19th Mar 17, 10:28 AM
    • 3,164 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:28 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:28 AM
    I used Fetherstone Clements recently with no issues and gave me a good deal on their commission

Any agent in East Belfast can market it and get it up on the internet, Property News etc, as that is where buyers check first

So price around

http://www.fetherstonclements.com/
    • steveymp
    • By steveymp 20th Mar 17, 11:06 AM
    • 2,642 Posts
    • 3,059 Thanks
    steveymp
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:06 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:06 AM
    Sod the EA's and their commission and use www.purplebricks.com

They advertise on Property pal, that is all anyone uses these days for house buying
    I am trying, honest very trying according to my dear OH
    • qwert yuiop
    • By qwert yuiop 20th Mar 17, 1:21 PM
    • 1,651 Posts
    • 807 Thanks
    qwert yuiop
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:21 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:21 PM
    What's happened to property advertising these days? The estate agents seem to have abandoned the bel tel. Serious drop in income there.
    • SMW87
    • By SMW87 20th Mar 17, 1:51 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    SMW87
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:51 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:51 PM
    Having recently bought a house and spent a good few months looking, I would never recommend UPS. As a buyer, I was put compellty off by them on two properties.
    • PaperDoll
    • By PaperDoll 31st Mar 17, 5:03 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    PaperDoll
    • 31st Mar 17, 5:03 PM
    • 31st Mar 17, 5:03 PM
    I couldn't recommend John Minnis. I had a terrible experience of dealing with him as a buyer when he worked for another agent (before he set up in his own name).

I sold a house in east Belfast in 2015 with Templeton Robinson and they were very good to deal with.
    • jellynose
    • By jellynose 2nd Apr 17, 2:09 PM
    • 451 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    jellynose
    • 2nd Apr 17, 2:09 PM
    • 2nd Apr 17, 2:09 PM
    Templeton Robinson very good.
    I wouldn't recommend Cairns & Co.
    Jellynose
    • modelreject
    • By modelreject 2nd Apr 17, 8:10 PM
    • 652 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    modelreject
    • 2nd Apr 17, 8:10 PM
    • 2nd Apr 17, 8:10 PM
    Different opinion on Templeton Robinson here. They do not have a clue about market prices so sales take longer. Viewed a few houses with them too and they were none too helpful.

Good things to say about Cowley, though I agree, I would never use an estate agent again. Useless.
    • Bigcammy
    • By Bigcammy 3rd Apr 17, 9:36 AM
    • 1,024 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Bigcammy
    A friend of mine is using Vision Property Sales at the minute and is impressed with them, especially their fees. For Car Boot sales, the one at St. Donard's church at the corner of Bloomfield Road and Beersbridge Road is always successful, but doesn't start again until 22mnd April http://www.stdonards.com/car-boot-sales/
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252
    • tommie
    • By tommie 3rd Apr 17, 1:31 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    tommie
    Ah, Estate Agents?

I bundle them in along with secondhand car salesmen.

Btw do either require any qualifications before they start trading?

Could be your life savings going through their hands.
    • guiriman
    • By guiriman 4th Apr 17, 11:05 AM
    • 319 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    guiriman
    A friend of mine is using Vision Property Sales at the minute and is impressed with them, especially their fees.
    Originally posted by Bigcammy
    I used Vision to sell our house and generally fine, although I had to repeatedly chase them to get the energy certificate completed (bit embarrassing when someone comes to view and asks about it and you don't have it). Having said that our house sold in six days so it's limited experience. Good thing with Vision was they did six o'clock viewings during the week. My Mum didn't want to show her own house but now is having to as UPS won't do any evening viewings.
    • PaperDoll
    • By PaperDoll 5th Apr 17, 8:24 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    PaperDoll
    Different opinion on Templeton Robinson here. They do not have a clue about market prices so sales take longer. Viewed a few houses with them too and they were none too helpful.

Good things to say about Cowley, though I agree, I would never use an estate agent again. Useless.
    Originally posted by modelreject

That's not my experience of Templeton Robinson at all. My house was realistically priced. 20 odd viewings and sale agreed above asking price in under 3 weeks. They handled all the viewings too which was a big plus for me as I didn't want to do any.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 5th Apr 17, 8:25 AM
    • 4,087 Posts
    • 2,905 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Would not recommend John Minnis in anyway shape or form, Wasn't happy with the sale of our house through them, didn't return calls, didn't pass on information
    • madaminx
    • By madaminx 5th Apr 17, 11:33 AM
    • 202 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    madaminx
    Gosh this is great, thanks for all your replies, I'm thinking of going with Vision.

Thanks for your views, it's a mindfield out there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

627Posts Today

5,150Users online

Martin's Twitter