Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 18th Mar 17, 1:30 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Harry Medium
    Premier Solicitors LBC for TPS
    • 18th Mar 17, 1:30 PM
    Premier Solicitors LBC for TPS 18th Mar 17 at 1:30 PM
    Hi all,

I'm really sorry to ask as I can tell there are a million and one of these questions already, but I've trawled through loads of these threads and the sticky FAQs this morning as I have received an LBC from Premier asking me for 80 quid, and it seems like it's the standard template letter they send out (I can provide this if it's needed).

I had previously followed what I now realise is outdated advice to ignore any requests regarding the PCN - although there's lots of that still floating around out there.

So, I wondered if anyone can suggest the best steps to take next - I realise that the more of an issue I make of it the less profit/inclination they will have to carry on proceedings, and I need to actually respond in some way.

Many thanks in advance,
    Harry
Page 1
    • Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 18th Mar 17, 1:38 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    • 18th Mar 17, 1:38 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 1:38 PM
    Just checked BMPA insight for TPS - less than 1/1000 tickets were taken to court last year, a total of 5! I don't want to rely on being one of the 999 though....
    Cheers,
    Harry
    • Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 18th Mar 17, 2:01 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:01 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:01 PM
    Just in case, here's the letter with details removed....

Re: Outstanding Parking Charge XXXXXXXXX

We are instructed by Total Parking Solutions Ltd of 3 Kings Court Kettering Venture Park, Kettering NN15 6JW in relation to an outstanding parking ticket an non payment of a parking charge notice(PCN).

It is understood that on the xx/xx/2016 at 09:xx:xx a vehicle of which you are the registered keeper a XXX with registration number xxxxxx (the vehicle) was parked on privately owned land at Lincoln County Hospital (the land).

Our client is duly authorised and permitted by the proprietor of the land to manage and operate the parking at that location.

On entering and parking on the land, a contract was entered into between the driver of the vehicle and our client(the contract). The terms of the contract, regulating parking on the land are set out on clear and visible signs placed at the entrance and around the location. Those signs display the terms by which motor vehicles are entitled to park there and any relevant time limits that are applicable.

The vehicle was parked there in contravention of the terms regulating parking on the land. More specifically the vehicle did not display a valid permit. This constituted a breach of the contract and our client is entitled to pursue this matter against you as the registered keeper, in lieu of the driver (if different) whose details are unknown.

As a result of the driver failing to comply with the advertised parking terms and conditions a PCN has been issued (either physically affixed to the vehicle or provided to you, the registered keeper, by post following capture by automatic number plate recognition systems). The PCN clearly details the amount payable as a result of the contravention and the deadlines by which payment was due.

You have failed to deal with the PCN, respond to our client (despite chasing attempts) or raise any challenge as to the legitimacy of the PCN being levied. Accordingly, our client is entitled to proceed with enforcement measures against you, the registered keeper of the vehicle. The amount which is currently outstanding and due to our client in respect of the PCN is £80.

This letter is sent to you in accordance with the pre-action protocol under the civil procedure rules 1998. We would now demand that you make payment of the outstanding sum to us within 14 days of this letter (ie by 29 March 2017).

Payment can be remitted by way of cheque or electronic transfer. Our bank details are set out below. When remitting payment, please clearly state the reference xxx/xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx

Please ensure you state your PCN number when remitting payment, without which we shall be unable to allocate the payment to you.

If we do not receive payment of the outstanding sum by the deadline stated above, our client will have no option other than to commence formal Civil Court Proceedings against you and will do so without further reference to you. Such proceedings, if brought, will also include claims for interest, fixed legal costs and court fees, thus increasing the amount payable.

We therefore trust that you will make the required payment to us before the deadline stated above.

Should you be any doubt about the content of this letter or the implications for you, then we respectfully suggest that you seek independent legal advice.

Otherwise we look forward to receiving payment from you by 29 March 2017

Yours etc
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Mar 17, 4:15 PM
    • 45,089 Posts
    • 57,707 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Mar 17, 4:15 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 4:15 PM
    Complain to PALS and then the NHS Trust as advised on other Hospital car park threads:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5545466

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72224141#post72224141

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72222023#post72222023

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5608112

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5617412

See this also:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/tv-parking-programme.html

HTH
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 18th Mar 17, 5:04 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:04 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:04 PM
    Thanks Coupon, appreciate the response.

Is an appeal to popla possible at this late stage? I'm not even sure what PAL is to complain to.

Do i not have to respond to this directly with this 'solicitor'?

Cheers
    Harry
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 45,089 Posts
    • 57,707 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    Google NHS PALS, that's what Google is for!

It is too late for POPLA.

Do the NHS complaint first, then a reply to the Solicitors (and Premier are a firm of solicitors but this looks like a debt letter from them). Have a look at the advice about replying to an LBCCC, as shown in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread. That doesn't seem to be a LBCCC but reply as if it is a bad attempt at one, if the PALS complaint falls on deaf ears this week first.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 18th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    • 18th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    Ha, yes - I was googling PAL which is completely different.

That's great, thanks - I'll get in touch with them at the start of the week and see what they say.
    • Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 18th Mar 17, 7:11 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    • 18th Mar 17, 7:11 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 7:11 PM
    Playing devils advocate for a minute, could I ignore the solicitor and see if they press on?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Mar 17, 7:18 PM
    • 13,655 Posts
    • 16,763 Thanks
    Redx
    • 18th Mar 17, 7:18 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 7:18 PM
    yes that is one option, but they wont "press on" unless their client instructs them to do so (in this case TPS)

it may happen , and you have no control over it UNLESS you get PALS to get it cancelled on your behalf (because they are all acting on behalf of the trust)

hence why you should get the trust to kill it off , even if they proceed to court, they have a mountain to climb if they dont act with the landholders consent

also remember that court is a last resort and if you fail to engage at these preliminary stages a judge may take a dim view of you leaving him or her to sort it all out , becuase you could be deemed to have behaved "unreasonably"

ie:- they would expect you to try sort it out beforehand so they dont have to unless push comes to shove
    Last edited by Redx; 18-03-2017 at 7:30 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 18th Mar 17, 7:31 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    That's great, thanks!
    • Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 20th Mar 17, 10:19 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    Hi all,

I've spoken to my local PALS this morning and they have told me I need to appeal it with TPS - so what are my next steps please?? I thought it was too late to appeal at this stage...?

Cheers in advance,
    Harry
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 20th Mar 17, 10:46 AM
    • 3,495 Posts
    • 4,903 Thanks
    Half_way
    tell the parking company you do not agree to the parking charge, and you want to challenge it via an adr body, as is your right up to 12 months after the event. And you reject their self imposed arbitrary time limits. The ppc will reject the offer, next google"nhs parking principles" take that to pals and tell then that they must cancel, as their agents are being un co operative.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 17, 6:57 PM
    • 45,089 Posts
    • 57,707 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can we ban the phrase 'what are my next steps'?

• Redx
    • By Redx 20th Mar 17, 7:06 PM
    • 13,655 Posts
    • 16,763 Thanks
    Redx
    write a complaint letter to the trust and include the NHS guidelines, complain to your MP with copies of paperwork, make a fuss , raise the stakes , if you dont ask , you dont get

also reply back to PALS with a copy of the NHS guidelines and insist that they revisit the case too

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

ie:- get off your ****** and fight
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 22nd Mar 17, 7:28 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    Appreciate this, thanks. It was over 12 months ago though (last feb)
    • Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 22nd Mar 17, 7:33 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    Also, as the time on the LBC is now a week away should I get in touch with the solicitors?
    • Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 22nd Mar 17, 10:43 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    Can anyone tell me what my ne...what I should do next? I'll email the PALS people, but should I do anything about the solicitors?
    Also, what should I refer to in that hospital car parking principles document as there doesn't seem to be anything specific about this situation?

Cheers, Harry
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Mar 17, 1:14 AM
    • 45,089 Posts
    • 57,707 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Complain to PALS and then the NHS Trust as advised on other Hospital car park threads:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5545466

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72224141#post72224141

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72222023#post72222023

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5608112

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5617412

Copy what other people did - same as with the reply to solicitors, find threads showing how to reply to a LBCCC by searching the forum for LBCCC. Loads of these threads almost every day.

• Harry Medium
    • By Harry Medium 24th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harry Medium
    Thanks coupon, appreciate it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

200Posts Today

1,204Users online

Martin's Twitter