Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fighting 5
    • By Fighting 5 18th Mar 17, 12:25 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Fighting 5
    PCN Cancelled
    • 18th Mar 17, 12:25 PM
    PCN Cancelled 18th Mar 17 at 12:25 PM
    Hi
    Thank you so much to all the very knowledgeable people who willingly support others through the nightmare known as PCN.

Following your advice I appealed a PCN issued by Athena ANPR Ltd at a Lidl ca park for overstaying by 15 minutes. I received the standard acknowledgement telling me the charge would not increase whilst the appeal was being considered. I kept checking online to see if it had been cancelled, despite not receiving a decision from Athena the charge increased from £45.00 to £90.00.

I then emailed Lidl, provided receipts to prove I was a genuine customer and have had a reply form Lidl customer services stating they will instruct Athena to cancel the PCV. Result!!

However I have not received anything in writing from Athena but the PCN number is no longer recognised on their online site
    My question is. Is this an end to it ?I have read threads from other people who have thought they were in the clear but received court summons further down the line.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Mar 17, 12:50 PM
    • 11,827 Posts
    • 18,036 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Mar 17, 12:50 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 12:50 PM
    My question is. Is this an end to it ?I have read threads from other people who have thought they were in the clear but received court summons further down the line.
    Athena don't do court

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Athena_ANPR.html

despite issuing almost half a million tickets in 2 years. Work out the odds on you being their first ever court case!

Take a screen shot of their online site page showing ticket not recognised. This won't be going any further.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,170Posts Today

7,992Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @jaihy: @MartinSLewis thank you! Like so many, I hadn't claimed ppi. During the last series I filled in the form...£2,700 cheque in the?

• Check if you're owed, totally free tool to help here... https://t.co/2Oto4B86tq https://t.co/vOpsYU6b3g

• Today's twitter poll: If they made a rule to standardise chips in the UK - which of these four (I only get 4 options) would u want it to be?

• Follow Martin