Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • rel77
    • By rel77 18th Mar 17, 10:49 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    insurance that organises repairs
    • #1
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:49 AM
    insurance that organises repairs 18th Mar 17 at 10:49 AM
    HI I am looking for and insurance company that organises repairs rather than giving me money.

    I live in a flat and getting things fixed is not always easy like the front door for example.

    any company's that would replace that if something happened to it?
Page 1
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 18th Mar 17, 10:57 AM
    • 5,662 Posts
    • 5,356 Thanks
    • #2
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:57 AM
    • #2
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:57 AM
    The front door would be covered by buildings insurance.

    If you live in a leasehold flat (in England or Wales), the freeholder normally arranges buildings insurance. So it's up to the freeholder which insurance company they use. But check your lease - it could say something different.

    You would normally only arrange contents insurance.
    • rel77
    • By rel77 20th Mar 17, 10:14 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • #3
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:14 PM
    • #3
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:14 PM
    I own the lease so its up to me to get insurance. I know direct line will deal with floods, but I'm not sure if that is all they will do. Guess I will have to ask them all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,355Users online

Martin's Twitter