Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TrishaM
    • By TrishaM 18th Mar 17, 8:46 AM
    • 648Posts
    • 74Thanks
    TrishaM
    Faulty GHD's, shop or manufacturer
    • 18th Mar 17, 8:46 AM
    Faulty GHD's, shop or manufacturer 18th Mar 17 at 8:46 AM
    My daughters Ghds have stopped working, (turn on then turn off again) we have a manufacturers 24 month warranty, doesn't expire until November of this year. I have the receipt and original packaging, my question is, is it the retailer who is to look after the complaint, or the manufacturer? I am under the impression that it is the retailer, but I'm sure they are going to say that it has to be returned via the GHD website. What are my rights regarding this? Can I insist on a new pair, or do they have to be repaired... any help would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • cmthephoenix
    • By cmthephoenix 18th Mar 17, 9:08 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    cmthephoenix
    • 18th Mar 17, 9:08 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 9:08 AM
    If it's over 6 months old then the clue is in the fact that it's a manufacturer's warranty. However you have nothing to lose by also asking the shop.

..and no you can't insist on a new pair!
    • Leo2020
    • By Leo2020 18th Mar 17, 10:44 AM
    • 820 Posts
    • 598 Thanks
    Leo2020
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:44 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:44 AM
    You Consumer Rights are with the retailer. Read the Consumer Rights sticky at the top.

Any manufactures warranty it just that, you will need to contact the manufacturer to claim through their warranty. Sometimes it is easier than trying to enforce your Consumer Rights.
    • bris
    • By bris 18th Mar 17, 11:44 AM
    • 6,419 Posts
    • 5,398 Thanks
    bris
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:44 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:44 AM
    Forget the retailer, use the GHD website, much easier and quicker.

You have no rights with the retailer unless they either agree to help you or you make them by proving your case against them.

No point in going through all that hassle when you have an easy solution.

The only time you really need to push the retailer is when there are no manufacturer options open to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,107Posts Today

11,967Users online

Martin's Twitter