Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ashyb
    • By Ashyb 18th Mar 17, 8:51 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Ashyb
    Halifax Underwriters any advice please?
    • 18th Mar 17, 8:51 AM
    Halifax Underwriters any advice please? 18th Mar 17 at 8:51 AM
    Hi just looking for advice from anyone who has used Halifax.

Broker sent off application yesterday it passed subject to underwriting and credit reveiw. My OH has 2 defaults one is nearly 6 years old and the other nearly 5 years. Both have recently been paid but not yet showing as settled on creidt file as it has not been 60 days. I have very good credit but i earn the least and have a £10,000 loan outstanding.

He has a very good wage and it is a permanent job. We have just paid off our credit cards and overdrafts before we submitted the application but have sent our latest bank statements which show last month my Oh using his overdraft a lot as he was putting 300 a week into his ISA for Our deposit. Just hoping that they see he will not be putting 300 away weekly from now on so wont be using bis overdraft and the extra 300 will be going towards mortgage payments. The broker done affordability calculations and we can deffo afford the mortgage and other bills with quite a bit leftover.

Just a case of fingers crossed and waiting now anyone in a similar situation? Or any advice?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 18th Mar 17, 8:58 AM
    • 3,766 Posts
    • 2,351 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 18th Mar 17, 8:58 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 8:58 AM
    hopefully your loan won't go against you much if you both earn enough.
    Last edited by csgohan4; 18-03-2017 at 9:31 AM.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,470Posts Today

7,472Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin