Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dalesop
    • By Dalesop 17th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dalesop
    Paid for parking but the expiry time was wrong.... now have a fine
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    Paid for parking but the expiry time was wrong.... now have a fine 17th Mar 17 at 10:48 PM
    Hi all
    Wondering if someone can help.
    I parked overnight at the Pitch carpark, Media City and paid the £8.50 fee for 12 hours after 8pm.
    I got to my car in the morning to find a 'ticket' on the windscreen directing me to myparkingcharge.co.uk
    I didn't respond to this after reading threads on here about the document being a phishing expedition.
    Today, I have received the NTK in the post. 10 days after the original card was put on my windscreen.
    I know that I paid the parking fee. So checked back through my emails for the original invoice (as paid via the ringo app). To my surprise, it states only 9 hours on the invoice! I have been on the app this evening to check the charge, and if I click 12 hours, it states the charge is £8.50. Which is what I paid.
    Can I fight this charge stating that I paid the full amount, but that the system allocated me the incorrect hours as paid?
    I don't really fancy paying the £100 fine as I really did pay in good faith!
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Mar 17, 11:06 PM
    • 47,054 Posts
    • 60,428 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Mar 17, 11:06 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 11:06 PM
    Forget all the details (for now) and search the forums for myparkingcharge.co.uk which will save us repeating what's been said on all the other threads like it; this is Excel or VCS and they will post a Notice to Keeper soon. Read other threads to be ready to fight this for months...
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Dalesop
    • By Dalesop 18th Mar 17, 9:25 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dalesop
    • 18th Mar 17, 9:25 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 9:25 AM
    Thanks, I have read various other posts on this, but non seem to be the same situation as mine hence the new thread. I'm quite confused.

Received the notice to keeper yesterday

Just want to know if I have a leg to stand on seeing as I paid the full charge for the 12 hours but their systems cocked up the expiry time
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Mar 17, 9:35 AM
    • 13,232 Posts
    • 20,696 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Mar 17, 9:35 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 9:35 AM
    Just want to know if I have a leg to stand on seeing as I paid the full charge for the 12 hours but their systems cocked up the expiry time
    You do have both legs to stand on, but Excel/VCS won't agree. You will have to persuade a judge on this if it gets to the small claims court - as many of these cases are currently.

But that's nothing to fear - it's not a criminal court, it's just them saying you owe them £100 and you saying you don't, with your evidence, then a judge decides.

Unfortunately the appeals process for any IPC parking operator (which Excel/VCS are) is so heavily weighted in their favour as to be of no help to you. But you need to send off the initial appeal to show (a judge in due course perhaps) you have engaged in their process.

Unless you can get a landowner cancellation, you are in for the long run here. Do please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky so you understand everything about this. The better informed you are the more easily you will deal with things.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • flea72
    • By flea72 18th Mar 17, 9:59 AM
    • 5,202 Posts
    • 5,218 Thanks
    flea72
    • 18th Mar 17, 9:59 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 9:59 AM
    Ive found the ringo app, isnt always uptodate with prices, So was the price you paid, the same as that displayed in the carpark?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 18th Mar 17, 10:23 AM
    • 6,583 Posts
    • 5,526 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:23 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:23 AM
    If it goes to court the judge has to decide which of you is telling the truth, your goodself, or lying cheating scum.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 18th Mar 17, 10:49 AM
    • 9,880 Posts
    • 8,865 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:49 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:49 AM
    If you got a ticket on your windscreen, how did they send you a NtK before 28 days? This suggests that they are not following POFA and you must check to see what the NtK says. Are they using POFA-compliant NtKs.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    • 13,232 Posts
    • 20,696 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    If you got a ticket on your windscreen, how did they send you a NtK before 28 days? This suggests that they are not following POFA and you must check to see what the NtK says. Are they using POFA-compliant NtKs.
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    It's this latest Excel/VCS manipulation of the system.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=110710&st=20
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Dalesop
    • By Dalesop 18th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dalesop
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    The ticket on the windscreen wasn't an official ticket. It just said that there might be a fine sent to the keeper and asking to go on the website.

The amount I paid was for 12 hours as displayed on their signs so hopefully that will be enough to get me off. The fine is ridiculously expensive and it's astonishing that they can get away with levying that amount! Thanks for the pointers everyone
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Mar 17, 5:25 PM
    • 47,054 Posts
    • 60,428 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The ticket on the windscreen wasn't an official ticket. It just said that there might be a fine sent to the keeper and asking to go on the website.
    Originally posted by Dalesop
    We know, exactly the same as ALL the others. That's why I said read other threads about it because your case IS the same. The details do not matter, stop looking for a similar situation and merely read about similar tickets:

Forget all the details (for now) and search the forums for myparkingcharge.co.uk which will save us repeating what's been said on all the other threads like it; this is Excel or VCS and they will post a Notice to Keeper soon. Read other threads to be ready to fight this for months...
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    The amount I paid was for 12 hours as displayed on their signs so hopefully that will be enough to get me off.
    You are still not getting it. This is not a fine, not something to either pay or 'get off'.

Stop treating it with respect, this is not a fair or normal industry. Your case is no different than all the other Excel ones and as I said, you will be fighting this trashy rubbish for months.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,190Posts Today

7,265Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Bore da! I'm on the train on the way to Cardiff for the @itvMLshow roadshow. See you there (if ur there, if ur not i won't see you obv)

• RT @MattLawsonPhD: @MartinSLewis Never mind a railcard until 27. I had mine until I was 30. All I had to do was 4 degrees including a full?

• RT @maxmckn: @MartinSLewis Justt tried to prebook seats for 3 of us, was £108, where did ?2 price he said on watch dog come from?? Its near?

• Follow Martin