Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • iwblue
    • By iwblue 17th Mar 17, 9:06 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 14Thanks
    iwblue
    Credit score
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:06 PM
    Credit score 17th Mar 17 at 9:06 PM
    A general question, I've never monitored my "credit score' until recently as it wasn't generally available years ago. However I signed up to the cc score on mse and I get it as part of my Bcard as well.
    prior to Oct 2016 my score was 995, then in Oct I applied for a mortgage, I'd paid the previous one off a couple of years ago, a bb contract in Jan, a store card in Jan and a cc in Feb. Prior to this I had no debt and have very little debt in relation to my income now. My score has dropped to 650 and I'm now told I'm a poor credit risk.
    Is this generally what happens. I've no Cc judgements, missed payments, and I',m on the electoral list, nothing negative financially.
    Does this all this mean anything or should I ignore? and it will get better over the next 6 months or so?
Page 1
    • cooltt
    • By cooltt 17th Mar 17, 9:10 PM
    • 547 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    cooltt
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:10 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:10 PM
    Spam......
    • iwblue
    • By iwblue 17th Mar 17, 9:11 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    iwblue
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:11 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:11 PM
    sorry don't understand cooltt?
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 17th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    • 2,168 Posts
    • 3,295 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    Your score isn't seen by anyone other than you.

Lenders will only look at the data of previous accounts/dates/late payments etc
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 17th Mar 17, 9:47 PM
    • 29,507 Posts
    • 18,656 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:47 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:47 PM
    A general question, I've never monitored my "credit score' until recently as it wasn't generally available years ago. However I signed up to the cc score on mse and I get it as part of my Bcard as well.
    prior to Oct 2016 my score was 995, then in Oct I applied for a mortgage, I'd paid the previous one off a couple of years ago, a bb contract in Jan, a store card in Jan and a cc in Feb. Prior to this I had no debt and have very little debt in relation to my income now. My score has dropped to 650 and I'm now told I'm a poor credit risk.
    Is this generally what happens. I've no Cc judgements, missed payments, and I',m on the electoral list, nothing negative financially.
    Does this all this mean anything or should I ignore? and it will get better over the next 6 months or so?
    Originally posted by iwblue
    What positives are listed ?
    Je Suis Charlie
    • iwblue
    • By iwblue 17th Mar 17, 10:07 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    iwblue
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:07 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:07 PM
    No ccj, no missed payments, low debt, low repayment to income, on electoral roll, nothing negative mentioned
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 17th Mar 17, 11:23 PM
    • 7,231 Posts
    • 7,266 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 17th Mar 17, 11:23 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 11:23 PM
    Credit score-related matters really go in this forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=257
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 18th Mar 17, 12:17 AM
    • 1,225 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 18th Mar 17, 12:17 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 12:17 AM
    No ccj, no missed payments, low debt, low repayment to income, on electoral roll, nothing negative mentioned
    Originally posted by iwblue
    The credit "score" is a very vague number that a non-lender believes an actual lender might take into account.

It's rarely accurate and actual lenders can't see, let alone give two figs about your "score."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,314Posts Today

8,561Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin