Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wood84
    • By Wood84 17th Mar 17, 7:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wood84
    Unallocated parking issue
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:56 PM
    Unallocated parking issue 17th Mar 17 at 7:56 PM
    My partner and I bought a flat from a friend last year. There are 8 flats and 9 parking spaces. Upon purchasing the flat we were told that the unallocated space is free for all flats to use if needed. On the first day we moved in a lady from one of the flats came out to tell me I can't use the space as it's hers, after standing my ground and letting her know we had bought and werent renting so had a copy of the deeds she changed her story twice, firstly to say it was shared between her and another flat, and then to say it's only for visitors. Since then I have been harassed by her, she leaves notes on my car, parks too close on purpose so I can't open the doors, shouts at me through the window when I get out of my car, and gets her family to block my car in when they visit, making me late for work. Her friend has now moved into another flat and is using the space instead of that allocated to her property, or her boyfriend is parking his car there. The two have also told me I cant park there - because this woman says it's her space. I'm not sure how to approach this, I don't own the space either, but it's the principle of it that annoys me the most. My partner and I have approached all landlords and offered to buy the space, all said yes but this woman, so we can't buy it. However she seems to think she can stipulate who parks there.
Page 1
    • zardoz70
    • By zardoz70 18th Mar 17, 6:48 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    zardoz70
    • 18th Mar 17, 6:48 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 6:48 PM
    How many vehicles do you have?
    Notwithstanding this woman's behaviour if you have more than 1 vehicle it is going to be catch as catch can to use the space.

However if you feel her behaviour is threatening then I would suggest a dash-cam to gather evidence and report her to the police.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 19th Mar 17, 9:50 AM
    • 38,142 Posts
    • 76,260 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:50 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:50 AM
    Film everything. If she is abusive. film it. If your car is blocked in, film it. I believe by law you can lawfully move a vehicle if you need to get out, but you need to check up on this.

Does she own or rent? If she rents, then complain to her landlord.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th Mar 17, 10:09 AM
    • 6,156 Posts
    • 4,961 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:09 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:09 AM
    Don't go there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on5lBgarmqY
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,577Posts Today

7,869Users online

Martin's Twitter