Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snakey
    • By Snakey 17th Mar 17, 8:44 PM
    • 1,007Posts
    • 1,219Thanks
    Snakey
    HSBC Advance Standing Orders?
    • 17th Mar 17, 8:44 PM
    HSBC Advance Standing Orders? 17th Mar 17 at 8:44 PM
    I re-applied having been rejected last year, and got accepted!

I have a sacrifical account (Everyday Santander) that I opened back then, now I need to quickly stuff it with a couple of standing orders because I don't have any spare direct debits at the moment.

Does anybody know, can both of them be to the same place? Like, could I literally have two £1's going to my main 123 account?

I ask because if the answer is "yes" then my life is slightly easier, as I no longer have the same phone that I registered with Santander and so if I want to set up an SO to anywhere other than my 123 account I'm going to need to trek to a branch.

If it matters to anybody from a moral perspective, I do intend to do something "proper" with this account over the longer term (I expect I'll be consolidating my current accounts later this year as the opening offers start to run out). I just want to be able to meet the conditions as soon as I can for now, so that I can get the switching process done quickly and open the regular saver and so on.
Page 1
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 17th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    • 29,624 Posts
    • 17,487 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    My fear would be that internal standing orders would be classed as 'internal transfers', rather than going through the faster payment system as a (CASS transferrable) standing order.

Personally, and because there's £200 at stake, I'd sort the OTP issue out and set up standing orders to two different external accounts. There should be plenty of time as HSBC take a long time to get accounts up and running!
    • Snakey
    • By Snakey 17th Mar 17, 10:16 PM
    • 1,007 Posts
    • 1,219 Thanks
    Snakey
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:16 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:16 PM
    I hadn't even thought about it that way - that they'd count as internal transfers even to HSBC, I mean. I guess that's my tomorrow morning sorted out then.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,108Posts Today

6,869Users online

Martin's Twitter