Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MMachine
    • By MMachine 17th Mar 17, 8:19 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 1Thanks
    MMachine
    HSBC - PPI offer next steps?
    • 17th Mar 17, 8:19 PM
    HSBC - PPI offer next steps? 17th Mar 17 at 8:19 PM
    Hi,

Hoping someone can give me some pointers on my HSBC ppi claim!

I sent the letter off and have been offered an amount of 525 for 2 loans.
    Looking at other people's offers this seems low for an initial loan of around 10k and a consolidation loan of around 15k to pay that and a few other things off.
    1) does this seem low to anyone else?
    2) I have no details anymore, is there a way to get this from the bank to double check amounts paid and total loan amount?
    3) the offer of payment is "made without admission of liability" Not sure what this means if they admit I had PPI?
    4) do you think it is worth looking into further and what would be my next steps?
    I have searched online but getting confused on what to do!

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    • 4,181 Posts
    • 2,316 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    Hi,

Hoping someone can give me some pointers on my HSBC ppi claim!

I sent the letter off and have been offered an amount of 525 for 2 loans.
    Looking at other people's offers this seems low for an initial loan of around 10k and a consolidation loan of around 15k to pay that and a few other things off.
    1) does this seem low to anyone else?
    2) I have no details anymore, is there a way to get this from the bank to double check amounts paid and total loan amount?
    3) the offer of payment is "made without admission of liability" Not sure what this means if they admit I had PPI?
    4) do you think it is worth looking into further and what would be my next steps?
    I have searched online but getting confused on what to do!

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by MMachine
    1) It depends on how much you paid - paying off the loan early for example would rebate the PPI. The refund process is fixed, not haggled, you won't get more unless you can prove you paid more
    2) If you want to spend 10 you can do a DSAR for a copy of all their records but it would be a waste of money as they will have used them for their calculations
    3) They never admit liability, the value is low enough to be an auto-pay i.e. you may not have been miss-sold they just don't think it's worth fighting
    4) There are no next steps - either accept the money or do a DSAR if you want to waste 10
    • MMachine
    • By MMachine 22nd Mar 17, 7:56 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MMachine
    • 22nd Mar 17, 7:56 PM
    • 22nd Mar 17, 7:56 PM
    Ok thanks for the reply, I thought I read a few threads saying people have challenged the amount they had been offered that was why I was asking!
    Cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

1,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Just looking at the final(ish) Premier League table. The gap between the top seven and the rest is huge. Has it ever been more lopsided?

• Follow Martin