Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • skye blue
    • By skye blue 17th Mar 17, 8:12 PM
    • 96Posts
    • 424Thanks
    skye blue
    Planning for the next chapter
    • 17th Mar 17, 8:12 PM
    Planning for the next chapter 17th Mar 17 at 8:12 PM
    Hi

Newby here, please be kind

Read loads of threads and have decided to step up to the mark and set myself some targets

With all the talk around retirement, pensions etc going around its made me think!

I have 6-7 years to my retirement, small pension but my mortgage is interest only changed after being off work for a year due to illness a while back and could never afford to change back to repayment. Have asked if i could part part repayment but was told no. Cant change providers as i wouldn't pass all the new criteria now.

Im on a dmp for another two and a half years and i keep putting it up every few months so its hopefully coming down quicker

Have about a months salary in savings which i add £10 to each week but as its earning little interest im starting to overpay the mortgage. So ive managed £300 this month

Do you reckon im on the right track? I know i probably can't pay it all back but it saves interest and probably gives me more choices if i need to sell later. I do not have a partner so just my wage to do this

House value £115,000 owe £75,000

Thanks for reading
Page 3
    • skye blue
    • By skye blue 8th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 424 Thanks
    skye blue
    Hi guys

£440 paid so far this month, i think i can stretch a few £'s more to overpay but having a few minor jobs done at home this weekend so i'll wait and see first

Payments can be paid up to 10 days before next time payment is due so think i'll try and find another £60 - make it up to £500 this month, that would be good

Enjoy your weekend folks
    • skye blue
    • By skye blue 15th Sep 17, 8:49 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 424 Thanks
    skye blue
    Hi guys

weekend again yeah!

managed to find an extra £115 so a good month of over payments for me, happy with this

think that will be all i can managed till after pay day now but you never know
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,046Posts Today

6,901Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• Follow Martin