Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jamie4268
    • By Jamie4268 17th Mar 17, 7:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jamie4268
    Wrongly charged on credit card
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:37 PM
    Wrongly charged on credit card 17th Mar 17 at 7:37 PM
    I authorised an initial payment on my credit card for my dads insurance in which I made it clear to them that I have nothing to do with the policy and all following payments should go to his card.
    The following month they charged my card again in which after talking to them on the phone they admitted it was their mistake and refunded the money.
    The following month he cancelled his insurance as he had to sell his car and they charged my credit card again with a big cancellation fee without my permission, again but this time no apology or anything.

Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 17th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    • 23,657 Posts
    • 10,913 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    Yes complain to the insurer and ask for a sum in compensation to cover your expenses.
    If they don't play ball tell your card issuer that you did not authorise the payment and ask for it be returned or......................................as your dad caused all this why not get him to pay you!!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 17th Mar 17, 9:45 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:45 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:45 PM
    Yes complain to the insurer and ask for a sum in compensation to cover your expenses.
    If they don't play ball tell your card issuer that you did not authorise the payment and ask for it be returned or......................................as your dad caused all this why not get him to pay you!!
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    I agree, it sounds like the money is owed so why not get your dad to give you the money? He's going to pay it one way or another and simply giving you the cash is the simplest way for everyone involved.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

935Posts Today

6,034Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin