Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Janey33
    • By Janey33 17th Mar 17, 7:33 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Janey33
    Myhermes issue..
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:33 PM
    Myhermes issue.. 17th Mar 17 at 7:33 PM
    I contacted a small shop today I purchased from to say my order hasn't arrived.

She has sent tracking info that myhermes posted it through my door last Thursday.
    I was home all day and nothing has come through from this seller.

The online tracking says it's been delivered to my door.
    The seller said she'd raise claim with myhermes.

But really am i now out of pocket. If i raise paypal claim ill lose as she has tracking post info..
    Is there anything I can do?
    I'll wait to see what myhermes say, but thats likely to take weeks?!
Page 2
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 20th Mar 17, 3:51 PM
    • 2,996 Posts
    • 5,224 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    Open your letterbox and check inside for a slip from Hermes, we had a delivery last week that they had hid in an obscure place that we would never have thought to look in. They had posted a slip to say where it was but it was just a flimsy piece of paper that didn't come all the way through the letterbox. We had mail for three days that didn't push it out and eventually a package from Amazon dislodged it and it came throught. It had been screwed up inside for three days with our package in a "safe place" all that time. Wouldn't have been so bad if they used cards instead or at least pushed the slip all the way through.
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 21st Mar 17, 12:15 AM
    • 3,444 Posts
    • 2,852 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    To be honest don't fancy dragging my twin 2yr olds around this Sunday afternoon!
    And also when iv paid for postage Id hope it would be delivered to my door and id not have to go in search of it.

Thanks for your input
    Originally posted by Janey33
    I don't get this attitude at all - I have a 5 year old, and instead of thinking of it as dragging the kids around, I'd make it into a fun game - hide and seek to find the parcel!

A nice walk out with the kids, potentially finding the items, and less hassle for everyone.
    Just my 2p...
    • Janey33
    • By Janey33 22nd Mar 17, 9:11 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Janey33
    Have you been back in touch with your seller? As a seller myself, if we have a disputed delivery we make the claim and refund the buyer. Hermes do make mistakes, all carriers do. You've just got to hope your seller will give you the customer services you now need.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup

The seller has been in touch and raised claim with myhermes whose driver says it was posted.

Either way she is claiming and replacing my package. She has been lovely.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,468Posts Today

7,276Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin