Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NightSprite
    • By NightSprite 17th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 0Thanks
    NightSprite
    Looking for a tablet ideas
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    Looking for a tablet ideas 17th Mar 17 at 5:24 PM
    OK, in May I go for surgery that could see me convalescing for at least 3 months and the nature of my convalescing could see me away from my home PC for more than I feel comfortable with. As sad as it sounds it's my introvert's comfort blanket. Now whilst the smartphone is great, the screen isn't all that great screen size wise.
    So I'm looking for a tablet. Possibly <£150
    Definitely with Wi-Fi and if I can link it into my Three mobile account that would be grand too.
    Mainly use it for playing a few mainstream games, a couple appy games, social media, catch up telly and importantly downloading my mind (journal-ling/writing/spreadsheets/etc)

No iPads if I can help it!
Page 1
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 17th Mar 17, 5:28 PM
    • 2,147 Posts
    • 1,415 Thanks
    flashg67
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:28 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:28 PM
    I've been happy with my Samsung Galaxy E tablet. Not the very latest spec but fits your budget. and decent 9.6" screen

I use mine for streaming Netflix etc and my OH uses it for writing novels when she can't take a laptop with her.

There's no 3G option but, if you have it included it your mobile tariff, you could tether to your phone if there's no wi-fi available
    • NightSprite
    • By NightSprite 17th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NightSprite
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    Tethering? Using my smartphone as a "hot-spot" you mean?

Didn't think of that, I mean I only have a small data limit (1gb) but I could afford to increase that a little.

Thank you
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 17th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    • 7,240 Posts
    • 7,276 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    My Asus Transformer Prime saw me through all three of my bouts of osteo surgery and convalescence. A perfect size for propping-up on my chest when flat in bed and its touchscreen made one-handed use easy enough and its detachable keyboard/second battery helped towards good uptime - Good on wifi and easy to tether to my phone, so it was perfect in hospital - well built and still pretty viable performance-wise even today, although mine is looking a bit battered now.

You can find them for around a hundred online.
    Last edited by pogofish; 17-03-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,701Posts Today

8,187Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin