Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FanBot
    • By FanBot 17th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    FanBot
    Missed appeals date - does this matter?
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    Missed appeals date - does this matter? 17th Mar 17 at 5:23 PM
    Hi guys, I got a parking ticket from LPS at a hospital near me. I'm a student and had an exam. I couldn't get into the main car park so parked in the staff one but without a permit.
    Got a ticket - but because of my exams I didn't have a chance to appeal it yet. I've been sent a letter in the post. Is it too late to start the appeals process now? It says 14 days on the ticket.
    Thanks!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Mar 17, 5:27 PM
    • 13,644 Posts
    • 16,752 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:27 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:27 PM
    you have 21 or 28 days to appeal a postal invoice as KEEPER

read the NEWBIES sticky thread and follow the advice in there

NEVER REVEAL WHO WAS DRIVING
    Last edited by Redx; 17-03-2017 at 5:36 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • FanBot
    • By FanBot 17th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FanBot
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    Thanks Redx
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 38,500 Posts
    • 76,935 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    What is the name of the parking company please?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • FanBot
    • By FanBot 17th Mar 17, 5:51 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FanBot
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:51 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:51 PM
    Local Parking Security Ltd. They're on the BPA website
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    • 45,046 Posts
    • 57,680 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    It says 14 days on the ticket.
    No it certainly doesn't give that as the time to appeal. That's the date to try to rush you to 'take advantage of our bribe and pay a stupid amount but less than the even more stupid amount.'

You do realise not to pay these? Have you read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'? No need for a thread about a BPA member at appeal stage, they are all the same and the template appeal is already written for you.

Don't go and write about who was driving...your research needs to include reading the sticky thread first...
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• FanBot
    • By FanBot 17th Mar 17, 5:55 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FanBot
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:55 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:55 PM
    Ah yes, you're right - it's not the time limit to appeal - it's the reduced charge time.

Yep I've read the newbies FAQs. Just writing my letter now using the template
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 45,046 Posts
    • 57,680 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    Yes but don't post a letter snail mail unless that's the only option (if so, get free certificate of posting on Monday at the PO and do not send it 'signed for').

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• FanBot
    • By FanBot 17th Mar 17, 6:02 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FanBot
    • 17th Mar 17, 6:02 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 6:02 PM
    Ok will send it via email.

Can I include "Please provide proof that the timing of any camera or timer used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines" even if it's to a BPA member as opposed to IPC? I genuinely question the timing of this ticket
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Mar 17, 6:16 PM
    • 38,500 Posts
    • 76,935 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Ok will send it via email.

Can I include "Please provide proof that the timing of any camera or timer used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines" even if it's to a BPA member as opposed to IPC? I genuinely question the timing of this ticket
    Originally posted by FanBot
    Use email if that's what the PCN tells you to use. Usually though it is done online using the scammers website appeal page. If so, watch out for auto-fill boxes that default to Driver. You only want to appeal as keeper. If there are any drop down boxes, make sure they don't change back to driver if you edit other sections of the appeal. Check and double check what has been selected before you hit send.

You can include anything you want in the initial appeal as long as you do not reveal the driver's identity. We normally advise people not to fiddle with a tried and tested template that won't blow your toes off.

It probably won't make any difference and the appeal will most likely be rejected, so personally I wouldn't bother to add anything to the initial appeal. It is however one of the appeal points you will use for PoPLA.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 17-03-2017 at 6:20 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Mar 17, 6:30 PM
    • 45,046 Posts
    • 57,680 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can I include "Please provide proof that the timing of any camera or timer used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines"
    No point, if it was worth including it would be there. We don't even include that at POPLA stage because it doesn't fly.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

940Posts Today

6,935Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: Is your vote already locked in? Have you decided who you will vote for in the General Election?

• RT @gabyhinsliff: When you're so desperate for Frexit to shore up Brexit that you're kind of relaxed about fascism https://t.co/yLmdqNHeHu

• Morning. I'm on my way to @thismorning first for "five ways to put £100s in your pocket" then an open (what I call brown trouser) phone in!

• Follow Martin