Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • S K T
    • By S K T 17th Mar 17, 3:43 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    S K T
    NPS ticket for 15 minutes late
    • 17th Mar 17, 3:43 PM
    NPS ticket for 15 minutes late 17th Mar 17 at 3:43 PM
    Hi everyone,
    The driver received a 100 parking Charge Notice from Northern Parking Services for returning fifteen minutes late to their car in Worswick St in Newcastle upon Tyne. They were still taking photos when they got there. They offered to pay the extra 1.20 for the next hour but they said they could do nothing as the PCN was already issued. Even the 60 reduced charge for paying within 14 days is extortionate for being 15 minutes late. It is a grotty car park full of litter and bird droppings so they can hardly claim that money is used for maintenance and good facilities. The driver has read the Newbies post and lots of other posts but is still very worried about what to do. They have an appeals web site but some of your posts seem to suggest that the driver should not give them their details. What do I do?
    Last edited by S K T; 17-03-2017 at 5:00 PM. Reason: advised to
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    • 38,951 Posts
    • 77,718 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 17th Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.
    If you have read the NEWBIES thread you would know this and should therefore know that the advice is to appeal.
    Do this by sending the BPA template in blue you will find in the NEWBIES. Copy and paste and send by whatever method it tells you to use on the windscreen ticket. Do not edit it. Do NOT reveal who was driving.
    You will have to supply the PCN number and the name and address of the keeper. This is the person who was in charge of the car on the day in question, and may or may not be the registered keeper.

Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, even on here. Edit your fist post according to get into that habit.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 17-03-2017 at 5:17 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • S K T
    • By S K T 17th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    S K T
    • 17th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    Thank you!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

490Posts Today

5,467Users online

Martin's Twitter