Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pleasedtobehere
    • By pleasedtobehere 17th Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pleasedtobehere
    Dodgy suppliers!
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    Dodgy suppliers! 17th Mar 17 at 1:24 PM
    Hi All

I'm in the process of finishing up a rear extension. All has gone well up to the point of getting the worksurfaces put in. I found a company via ebay who supply and fit. I've used guys off ebay before and have been pretty happy. They came and measured up but brought the wrong sample. However, I knew which one i wanted and they quoted on that basis. Having received the quote i agreed to pay 30% upfront (i was a bit nervous about this as they weren't a known group). On the day they were supposed to install i got a phonecall telling me that they'd cut the wrong type of worksurface but they would remedy this and install possibly later in the week. I was told i'd get a call that evening. Heard nothing, sent texts and left voicemails with no reply. I'd go via their sales team who were pleasant but not very helpful as the boss was the main guy who messed up. I have been getting more and more frustrated as the process has dragged on. I asked for a refund but was told that the job was half done and they were waiting onone more slab to complete. However, they then offered to supply a different design so what difference does it make. I've been getting more threatening (in a nice way) but i'm getting litle info from them.
    Any idea where i can go? I just want my money back now
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Mar 17, 1:59 PM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 7,029 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:59 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:59 PM
    When and how did you pay, how much did you give as a deposit.
    • pleasedtobehere
    • By pleasedtobehere 17th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pleasedtobehere
    • 17th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    About a month ago via bank transfer. 1000 gbp. Thanks
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 17th Mar 17, 3:02 PM
    • 2,422 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 17th Mar 17, 3:02 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 3:02 PM
    About a month ago via bank transfer. 1000 gbp. Thanks
    Originally posted by pleasedtobehere

You're in the laps of the gods now. All you can do is keep pushing - you've no other avenue (other than small claims court) to pursue, neither section 75 nor chargeback.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

2,772Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Dimbleby becomes the Dimblebomb and kicks someone out. Question time getting rad #bbqt

• Follow Martin