Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • justaquestion
    • By justaquestion 17th Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    • 365Posts
    • 76Thanks
    justaquestion
    Filling in online for home insurance quote a few questions?
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    Filling in online for home insurance quote a few questions? 17th Mar 17 at 1:23 PM
    Hi folks,

Just getting this years insurance quotes online on Moneysupermarket and a few questions if anyone can advice me.

1 I claimed once for child damaging the bath, and got just over £2000 as whole bathroom needed to be redone, does this come under buildings or contents?

2 So if under one or the other above I Just put zero years no claims in the relevant section (where it states 0,3,5 years no claims) near end of online form as I have claimed in the last year? as I have made a claim.

3 It does ask about the amount of my claim, I just put in the settled amount or should I put in the amount that I claimed for less the excess?

4 My current insurance provider Tesco Bank is still the cheapest quote, but if I do find that the auto renew letter price they send me before the due date is higher, can I just go for the online price provided by Moneysupermarket?

Thanks a lot for to anyone who can advice me.
    Last edited by justaquestion; 17-03-2017 at 1:34 PM.
Page 1
    • huckster
    • By huckster 17th Mar 17, 4:52 PM
    • 3,002 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    huckster
    • 17th Mar 17, 4:52 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 4:52 PM
    1) Buildings
    2) zero, unless your current insurers offer no claims discount for x number of years, which any new insurers would also allow. Most don't offer such a discount, so probably zero.
    3) total value of claim
    4) If Tesco are quoting cheaper online as a new customer, you can take that, but remember to cancel current auto renewal policy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,877Posts Today

6,184Users online

Martin's Twitter