Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • boswick
    • By boswick 17th Mar 17, 12:28 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    boswick
    24/7 Home Rescue STAY AWAY!!
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:28 PM
    24/7 Home Rescue STAY AWAY!! 17th Mar 17 at 12:28 PM
    Stay away!!
    #61 17th Mar 17, 12:20 PM
    I cannot believe how bad this company is. I called to make a claim after opening an account with 24/7 3 months ago.

(I had received no contract from the company and forgot to chase this.) busy busy!!

When telephoning to make a claim I had to wait while the adviser added my details to see if i was covered for dropping pressure to my boiler. I was told NO!!. i asked why, I was told it stated this in my contract. i explained I had not received a contract, to be told it was send to a different email address. funny that the direct debit was in the correct name!!!:
    I asked to speak to a manager, i was told he would call in 24-48 hours. after getting no where at all, I ended the call through frustration and the adviser was not helpful at all.

I logged on to my account with the reference number I had now been given to check the cover. ''surprise surprise'' no mention of not been covered. one comment only in exclusions ''any outstanding repairs need to be dealt with before entering in to contract''...
    I called back to be put through to a charmless rude adviser called Chantelle who would not let me get a word in at all. when I finally told her my contract said nothing about not been covered, she interrupted and asked me when the problem occurred I said a week ago, she quickly said I was not covered as it clearly says it has to be reported in 24 hours. it doesn't say anything on the online contract I now have access to ..
    I again tried to speak stating I have not had a contract sent to me she then said is your email address ************ I said yes, she then said its been sent to you. I replied why did your colleague say its been sent to a different address? every time I gave an answer she changed to something different, and continued to talk me down.. I asked again to speak to a manager and was told he would tell me the same.
    I said what am I paying for, as it appears to be nothing. I am going to report the company to ombudsman. she was not phased, and continued to be rude and talk over me..

Where is the imaginary contract that I should have had. I have never made a claim for any insurance, so cannot believe i have been treated this way. I would laugh if I wasn't so upset. this must be fraud, and I truly believe that any good reviews are put on by employees of the company.
    This is the first bad review of any kind I have posted. I feel totally betrayed by these cowboys.

Can you help me please...
    Last edited by boswick; 17-03-2017 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,591Posts Today

7,630Users online

Martin's Twitter