Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • boswick
    • By boswick 17th Mar 17, 12:28 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 3Thanks
    boswick
    24/7 Home Rescue STAY AWAY!!
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:28 PM
    24/7 Home Rescue STAY AWAY!! 17th Mar 17 at 12:28 PM
    Stay away!!
    #61 17th Mar 17, 12:20 PM
    I cannot believe how bad this company is. I called to make a claim after opening an account with 24/7 3 months ago.

(I had received no contract from the company and forgot to chase this.) busy busy!!

When telephoning to make a claim I had to wait while the adviser added my details to see if i was covered for dropping pressure to my boiler. I was told NO!!. i asked why, I was told it stated this in my contract. i explained I had not received a contract, to be told it was send to a different email address. funny that the direct debit was in the correct name!!!:
    I asked to speak to a manager, i was told he would call in 24-48 hours. after getting no where at all, I ended the call through frustration and the adviser was not helpful at all.

I logged on to my account with the reference number I had now been given to check the cover. ''surprise surprise'' no mention of not been covered. one comment only in exclusions ''any outstanding repairs need to be dealt with before entering in to contract''...
    I called back to be put through to a charmless rude adviser called Chantelle who would not let me get a word in at all. when I finally told her my contract said nothing about not been covered, she interrupted and asked me when the problem occurred I said a week ago, she quickly said I was not covered as it clearly says it has to be reported in 24 hours. it doesn't say anything on the online contract I now have access to ..
    I again tried to speak stating I have not had a contract sent to me she then said is your email address ************ I said yes, she then said its been sent to you. I replied why did your colleague say its been sent to a different address? every time I gave an answer she changed to something different, and continued to talk me down.. I asked again to speak to a manager and was told he would tell me the same.
    I said what am I paying for, as it appears to be nothing. I am going to report the company to ombudsman. she was not phased, and continued to be rude and talk over me..

Where is the imaginary contract that I should have had. I have never made a claim for any insurance, so cannot believe i have been treated this way. I would laugh if I wasn't so upset. this must be fraud, and I truly believe that any good reviews are put on by employees of the company.
    This is the first bad review of any kind I have posted. I feel totally betrayed by these cowboys.

Can you help me please...
    Last edited by boswick; 17-03-2017 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Page 1
    • palmawr
    • By palmawr 23rd Aug 17, 5:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    palmawr
    • 23rd Aug 17, 5:46 PM
    mr g jones
    • 23rd Aug 17, 5:46 PM
    Your treatment by 24/7 homerescue is similar to others have endured, when you contact this company their modus operandi is to find ways to disqualify your claim by referring to their infamous T & C which runs into numerous pages and thousands of words they say is stated on your policy copy, unfortunately nobody ever seems to get this copy when they sign up. They then want you to pay call out charges , parts and labour by hiding behind the T&C ploy or by cancelling your claim using deprecation figures as to the value of your boiler compared with parts costs even after paying for an engineer to call out ,which they will then claim is beyond economical repair and the cancel your policy.Because the way they are set up they do not have to be regulated by any official body so its impossible to many a claim although some have complained to trading standards via citizens advice or taken them to court They are set up to take as much money from their customers as possible by using gas engineers( who they do not employ) pay them less than the £75 they try to charge most customers as call out payments and then hide behind the infamous T & C if the parts required are of any real value .I agree with your point that the positive reviews listed on TRUSTPILOT are probably bogus and i have complained to them very recently and asked them to recheck these positive reviews as they are giving this company a veil of respectability they do not deserve . Fooling prospective customers into signing up their true rating should be 0/ 10.It is sad when young and old families who could be just about managing are being fleeced and left without hot water/heating especially in the coming winter periods. Finally sorry about the long rant i hope people will now be aware and keep well away i was fortunately only slightly burnt by this shower but they had a red warning listed on MSE in 2014 and they are still at it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • simboid
    • By simboid 10th Oct 17, 8:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    simboid
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:09 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:09 PM
    24/7 are a shockingly bad company.

The 24/7 engineer said the expansion vessel in my boiler was broken, then their service dept then said our boiler uneconomic to repair & that I should get a new boiler.

Got an independent engineer out to quote for a new boiler who asked if 24/7 had repressurised, which they had not- he then did so, cost £45 since which our boiler has worked perfectly again (4 weeks now). I am extremely grateful to this fella who saved me the £2k cost of a new boiler!!!!

How many other perfectly okay boilers have 24/7 condemned when they did not need to??????? CowboysRUs more like

Since this, I have contacted their complaints dept, the upshot of which is that they say that their engineers assessment is the one they believe and no, they will not therefore refund my callout fee..... sounds like the complaints dept are as bad as the service dept.
    • suzyq2909
    • By suzyq2909 11th Oct 17, 9:47 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    suzyq2909
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:47 AM
    They will NEVER accept a claim or pay
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:47 AM
    this is the 2nd time I have had a claim refused on the flimsiest of excuses. The first time was a huge wasp nest found by my plumber. They used the excuse that I hadn't confirmed that the nest was active - how do I know!!! I'm not a wasp expert!

Second time was minutes ago - I was woken at 4am by rustling to see a mouse running round my bedroom & droppings evident around the room. I was told that 1 mouse doesn't make an infestation. Just because I only saw 1 mouse doesn't mean there aren't others!!!

They are absolutely appalling. They make up their own definitions which aren't in their T&Cs & when you question them they just repeat parrot fashion. These people are complete fraudsters and I don't understand why they're allowed to continue operating.

If anyone can suggest who to contact to report them I will happily take up the baton to try & get these cowboys closed down!!
    • suzyq2909
    • By suzyq2909 11th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    suzyq2909
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    UPDATE:
    I just received a callback from a "manager", Sally, about my pest problem. She stated that because I only saw 1 mouse I'm not covered, however I can pay £75 callout to have someone come round. I asked what happens if, in a week I call back saying I've not got 5 or 6 mice, would I be covered. She replied that NO, because I had refused their offer (at a cost of £75) I had allowed the situation to get worse so would not be covered!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN WITH THIS COMPANY.

Finally, I have submitted a complaint to Watchdog asking them to investigate 24/7 Home Rescue. Let's see if anything comes of it.
    • suzyq2909
    • By suzyq2909 11th Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    suzyq2909
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    Apologies for the multiplerants but I feel so strongly about this. Follow the link below to a recent article in the Telegraph. It seems as though if you have the weight of a national newspaper behind you they're more amenable to treating customers fairly!

Perhaps if we all write to Jessica Gorst-Williams we can ensure aciton is taken and no-one else is taken in by their misleading offer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/jessica-investigates/had-boiler-cover-still-charged-325-pressure-fell/

Please address letters to: Jessica, Your Money, The Daily Telegraph, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0DT.
    • Torres9
    • By Torres9 13th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Torres9
    • 13th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    24/7 Fleecing Company - Avoid at all cost
    • 13th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    We have suffered at the hands of these scam merchants too. Reported a fault last Friday (6th Oct) and they demanded £75 upfront to send an engineer out. In the T&C's it stated this, though I didn't agree to it, still I paid up. Then they called to say sending engineer out on Monday! I complained that due to my wife's disability (MS) we should receive priority treatment. They managed to find an engineer within the hour! Engineer said a pin hole in a plastic part was causing water to spray out. He isolated the hot water and said he'd be back to fix it on the same day. Said the part was readily available from local plumbers. Waited all day, nothing. Rang emergency helpline again as their normal working hours are 10-4 Mon-Fri. Told us they were having problems obtaining the part! Asked to speak to the manager, told me she'd gone home! Asked for manager's name, refused! Asked her name, after a long pause- Hayley. She promised a manager would call me first thing! Lie. Sent them e-mail Saturday morning- no reply! Complained to them- no response! Rang first thing Monday morning and advisor promised a call back from the relevant department. Nothing. Tried contacting them on social media and webchat as phone bill was mounting up. They just apologised for the delay saying it's with Authorisation department. Asked for their number and was told they don't have a direct line! Finally a manager Liam rang me. Said he was from the Technical department. Spent the next ten minutes giving me the standard 'Beyond economical repair' spiel. Wanted £200 for engineer to come out and repair it. Refused point blank quoting their 'parts and labour included' promise and he kept pointing me to the T&C's. Offered me two alternatives, £300 for Ideal expert to fix it or £1000 for a new boiler! Refused all three options and accused him of holding us to ransom. How did it take all weekend to come to the BER conclusion? From his office, without seeing the boiler and going by the engineers report - which I asked him to email me - he didn't. I also asked for everything in writing No sign of that either! In the end after an hour of arguing he offered to cancel the agreement. I made sure there was no fee involved before accepting that course of action and cancelled my direct debits with my bank immediately. I had paid them £115.60 + £75 over 11 months but no more thank you.
    I reported them to Citizens Advice but they said because I agreed to the terms and conditions there was nothing they could do. This company have been devious in their practices and should be named and shamed. See my other post for an example of how underhanded they have been.
    Last edited by Torres9; 13-10-2017 at 2:04 PM.
    • Torres9
    • By Torres9 13th Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Torres9
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    Further to my rant re 24/7 I have to report the sneaky way they roped me into another contract. Their first attempt was a 'Congratulations You've Qualified To Free Cover For Car Breakdown' email. I ignored it as we are already covered. Then in September this: From REWARDS TEAM. FINAL CHANCE.
    24/7 Home Rescue wants to thank you for your continued custom.
    You QUALIFY for 1 Months FREE Home Emergency Deluxe just reply 'YES' to receive your two free months.
    This membership will include the following
    Internal Plumbing & Drainage
    External Plumbing & Drainage
    (Etc. until)
    50% Off
    1 MONTHS FREE
    Please reply with your "YES" to activate your membership
    Kind Regards
    REWARDS TEAM

They then follow this up with a confirmation email showing a schedule for a service contract along with direct debits & dates. Oh and £45 excess.
    I assumed naively that the one (or is it two?) Months FREE were the first (or first two?) Months whereby 24/7 would contact you just before the period ends to inform you of the payments incurred in carrying on with the contract. But no! I reckon the 1 or 2 FREE months are absorbed in the low premium (in my case £6.15 p/m) hence their equally misleading claim of 50% Off membership in the offer!
    This contract was to run alongside my boiler cover and I discovered it by accident. I didn't click on the link in my confirmation email which leads to the schedule! But when I needed to call them in an emergency I had to provide a reference number and the latest one happened to be for this 'Deluxe cover' NOT my boiler breakdown one! You would think the advisor would realise especially when I argued over the excess that I had given him the wrong number that he would have pointed this out but maybe he thought if he kept quiet about it I wouldn't notice the money being syphoned from my account!
    This annoyed me as much as the delayed response to our emergency but the lack of care for a vulnerable person left without heating and hot water really showed them up for what they are!
    Complain and they say if you don't hear from them after EIGHT weeks then you can complain to.......yep! You guessed it. The SAME address.
    All I can do is let everyone know about their devious practices and money making scams offering little if any genuine service.
    Avoid Avoid Avoid.
    • Torres9
    • By Torres9 13th Oct 17, 2:25 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Torres9
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:25 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:25 PM
    Stay away!!
    #61 17th Mar 17, 12:20 PM

(I had received no contract from the company and forgot to chase this.) busy busy!!

I said what am I paying for, as it appears to be nothing. I am going to report the company to ombudsman. she was not phased, and continued to be rude and talk over me..

Where is the imaginary contract that I should have had. I have never made a claim for any insurance, so cannot believe i have been treated this way. I would laugh if I wasn't so upset. this must be fraud, and I truly believe that any good reviews are put on by employees of the company.
    This is the first bad review of any kind I have posted. I feel totally betrayed by these cowboys.

Can you help me please...
    Originally posted by boswick
    They are clever not to send any paperwork to you because they can amend the contract online and like you I was too busy to look at it naively believing all would be above board. You can't report them to the Ombudsman as they are not regulated by anyone but themselves and are not answerable to the FCA either. I found this out when I read through the T&C's.
    There really should be a way of stopping them and I hoped Watchdog or someone would pick up on these horror stories.
    P.S. We have just noticed that the cupboard door the engineer removed to access the boiler has been damaged so that's more money we will have to find to get it repaired as well as the phone calls trying to contact them on 3 separate days totalling £13.51, fuming!!
    Last edited by Torres9; 18-10-2017 at 10:26 PM. Reason: P.S.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,571Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin