Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Julshk73
    • By Julshk73 17th Mar 17, 12:27 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Julshk73
    Receiving different items
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:27 PM
    Receiving different items 17th Mar 17 at 12:27 PM
    this is about Bensons for Beds. Spent £1500 and was assured absolutely and repeatedly there was no risk after accepting their mattress recommendations.
    So, the mattress delivered is not the same - brick hard and higher on the frame. Lying on it is like being on a stretching rack and we were very clear about my back issues and how important the right mattress is.
    Anyway first it takes a week to get to their call centre who are most unhelpful. Tell you to call the store. Well the guy in the store, the lovely man who sold it, is a Jekyll and Hyde. Immediate aggression and now I find out 1. There are NO returns and 2. Yes after 40 days you can swap it but if you get a cheaper mattress you don't get the refund. Not useful if you bought one of the most expensive in store.
    So I raise a credit card claim -I didn't get the mattress we saw in store I think this is simple - not the same goods so should be refunded.
    Well not the case. The Halifax have asked three times for a copy of the receipt. Now they're asking again. And wait for it......they want an independent report showing the mattress I got delivered in Glasgow is not the same as the one I ordered in Hove two months ago. Now how is that even possible? It's not.
    So I guess I have a £1300 king mattress of substandard quality that I can't sleep in. Still in its original packing sitting in my room. We look up at it longingly while sleeping on a double mattress on our floor. Joy.
    Can anyone recommend one of these magic time travelling companies please? Or give me some advice on dealing with Halifax and their continued requests for the same blooming thing
    Just please know Bensons are the biggest liars and cheats out there 😡
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 17th Mar 17, 12:55 PM
    • 1,794 Posts
    • 1,678 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:55 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:55 PM
    Was it a credit or debit card you paid with?

Are you trying for a chargeback or section 75 claim?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Julshk73
    • By Julshk73 17th Mar 17, 1:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Julshk73
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:27 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:27 PM
    Thanks for replying yes it's section 75
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

1,284Users online

Martin's Twitter