Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CharlotteHill
    • By CharlotteHill 17th Mar 17, 11:20 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CharlotteHill
    I won my appeal for esa after failure to attend health assessment.
    • 17th Mar 17, 11:20 AM
    I won my appeal for esa after failure to attend health assessment. 17th Mar 17 at 11:20 AM
    Hi, I have just won my appeal for ESA after attending tribunal on 2nd March.
    I have gone for 10 months without any money, and still no word on when I am due to be paid my backdated money or when my ESA will be reinstated.
    I phoned up DWP but was told, as the DWP have the right to appeal the judges decision (which apparently doesn't happen very often) I just have to wait until I hear from them?
    I honestly don't know how much longer I can go on without any money and I'm also homeless.
    Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 17th Mar 17, 11:44 AM
    • 10,513 Posts
    • 12,430 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 17th Mar 17, 11:44 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 11:44 AM
    I would apply for a hardship payment.

Details here:

http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/ask-cpag-online-can-you-claim-hardship-payment-jsa-or-esa

As regards the homeless question, what are your circumstances?
    • densol
    • By densol 17th Mar 17, 2:49 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 1,050 Thanks
    densol
    • 17th Mar 17, 2:49 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 2:49 PM
    Have the DWP accepted they have received the notice of decision? They have 28 from receiving the notice to apply for a statement of reasons from the Tribunal. They only do this if they are thinking about appealing. If they dont apply for SOR, they generally organise back pay pretty quickly.

If they do apply for a SOR - the court usually take around 6-8 weeks to prepare and the DWP have 28 day after they receive the SOR to serve their appeal notice.

They can only appeal on a point of law and its really quite a rare thing. Hopefully they wont and back pay will come very soon for you
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,129Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin