Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • colin pountney
    • By colin pountney 17th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    colin pountney
    bill saving !!i don't think so
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    bill saving !!i don't think so 17th Mar 17 at 10:53 AM
    ok so you switched me to your money saving tariff with British Gas but when do we start saving. i was paying 78 a month DD but you said to switch and save with British Gas. will they started me on 112 a month DD but have now put it up to 186 a mont. yes i am now paying twice as much. am i paying for some one else to ?
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 17th Mar 17, 11:05 AM
    • 3,658 Posts
    • 1,971 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 17th Mar 17, 11:05 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 11:05 AM
    ok so you switched me to your money saving tariff with British Gas but when do we start saving. i was paying 78 a month DD but you said to switch and save with British Gas. will they started me on 112 a month DD but have now put it up to 186 a mont. yes i am now paying twice as much. am i paying for some one else to ?
    Originally posted by colin pountney
    You need to provide more detail before anyone will provide considered advice. Monthly DD payments are meaningless as they are only payments made on account. For example, my annual energy cost is assessed to be 660 per year. If I use more, then I will pay more than the predicted 660.

More relevant perhaps is your assumption that you may have been misled. Under Ofgem rules, suppliers are required to calculate annual costs on a rolling 12 months basis which can result in a prediction of a saving when in fact the cost per month rises. You need to do your own check or use a site such as the Cheap Energy Club which show a true annual cost comparison.

Finally, have you been providing the supplier with a monthly actual meter reading. Often, wildly changing DDs are the result of estimated bills.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

1,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Just looking at the final(ish) Premier League table. The gap between the top seven and the rest is huge. Has it ever been more lopsided?

• Follow Martin