Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Josef23
    • By Josef23 17th Mar 17, 10:31 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Josef23
    Don't follow MSE's advice on Origin Broadband
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:31 AM
    Don't follow MSE's advice on Origin Broadband 17th Mar 17 at 10:31 AM
    I typically got 16Mb with TalkTalk, but after switching to Origin I'm getting less than 1Mb.

They took forever to answer their phone and were next to useless in diagnosing the problem (telling me to unscrew the Openreach box on my wall...). The current advice is that I have to wait in case it sorts itself out.

And they've said they won't give a full refund even if I cancel now. Despite providing something that doesn't meet the definition of broadband (minimum 4Gb)

Don't waste your time with Origin!
Page 1
    • Sjc1973
    • By Sjc1973 17th Mar 17, 10:56 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    Sjc1973
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:56 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:56 AM
    There are lots of different posts about this lot on this site, with consistent themes ( lack of communication, poor service, etc) I have also ranted about my poor experiences of the company. Yes - I also went with them because of a promotion on mse!! I am not without sympathy for the OP they are dire!!!
    • VeniVidiVisafree
    • By VeniVidiVisafree 20th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    VeniVidiVisafree
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    I typically got 16Mb with TalkTalk, but after switching to Origin I'm getting less than 1Mb.

They took forever to answer their phone and were next to useless in diagnosing the problem (telling me to unscrew the Openreach box on my wall...). The current advice is that I have to wait in case it sorts itself out.

And they've said they won't give a full refund even if I cancel now. Despite providing something that doesn't meet the definition of broadband (minimum 4Gb)

Originally posted by Josef23
    ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY AGREE.. 3 WEEKS OF BUFFERING SO FAR... NIGHTMARE NOT EVEN FUNNY PAYING FOR A NON-EXISTANT SERVER!
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 28,710 Posts
    • 18,132 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY AGREE.. 3 WEEKS OF BUFFERING SO FAR... NIGHTMARE NOT EVEN FUNNY PAYING FOR A NON-EXISTANT SERVER!
    Originally posted by VeniVidiVisafree
    Woah, no need to shout which is what your doing with the caps.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • VeniVidiVisafree
    • By VeniVidiVisafree 20th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    VeniVidiVisafree
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    thanks
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    I am well aware (as is everyone else) that using caps equates to shouting... duh

#statingtheobvious lol
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 20th Mar 17, 5:04 PM
    • 6,823 Posts
    • 3,997 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:04 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:04 PM

Originally posted by Josef23

It is common practice to ask you to remove the box cover and use ethernet directly from the master socket, as part of the test. New installations do need time to settle and some do without any intervention.
    • Esther Grace
    • By Esther Grace 21st Mar 17, 9:24 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Esther Grace
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:24 AM
    Help!!
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:24 AM
    I completely agree, I paid £170 for a years broadband with Origin on the recommendation MSE site and my internet connection is so poor and slow, I cannot connect any wireless stuff to it as the signal is not strong enough. They never answer the phone, they set up a direct debit from my account without my permission, I cannot log in to my account as it says the password is wrong so I reset it and it still says no!!! I have e mailed them about 6 times but never had a reply, its a nightmare, was going to ask for a refund but cant get hold of them, what are we supposed to do?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

1,284Users online

Martin's Twitter