Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zebrarose
    • By zebrarose 17th Mar 17, 1:41 AM
    • 84Posts
    • 10Thanks
    zebrarose
    CCJ and my Credit Score- All correspondence sent to address from 2013
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:41 AM
    CCJ and my Credit Score- All correspondence sent to address from 2013 17th Mar 17 at 1:41 AM
    Apologies if this has been covered. I've tried to locate relevant threads.

Last weekend I was to move into a new property, but failed the reference checks due to a CCJ. I was absolutely dumbfounded as to what it would be for and the landlord completing the check would not give any information.

I contacted the CCJ Business Centre to find out what it was relating to and discovered that it was for a parking charge from a PPC. The CCJ BC said that it was relating to an address I lived at 4 years ago. Since then I have moved twice and had always had my address up to date with the DVLA. Any correspondence should have been sent to the correct address.

The CCJBC said that the case was submitted by Gladstones. Gladstones then said that the case is out of their hands and now with DCBL (debt collectors). The CAB and debt collectors advised I apply for the CCJ to be set aside, which I understand costs £255.00? What about my credit score though? I am unable to move (repossession of rented property due to lardlord requirements) and unable to get a new lease due to this CCJ.

The original parking charge was for not displaying a residence permit. The charge was disputed with the PPC and the landowner and both rejected it (More Information can be provided regarding the charge if required/relevant).

The CCJ was issued in September 2016 and I have just found out about it. The time frame to appeal the CCJ has passed (as I did not receive any correspondence- due to them using address from 4 years ago). I have been reading, researching and been to the CAB ever since and have not found what the next step should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really feel overwhelmed with this stress
    Last edited by zebrarose; 17-03-2017 at 1:44 AM.
Page 8
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Jul 17, 6:37 PM
    • 13,620 Posts
    • 21,360 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If it's an ANPR camera capture, if the PPC wishes to claim keeper liability they need to send the NtK so that arrives with the keeper no later than day 14 after the parking event. Requesting your data 5 days after the parking event is perfectly legitimate.

If it's a windscreen ticket then they can only issue a NtK between day 29 and day 56, so if that's the case then day 5 would be far too premature.

So did you receive a windscreen ticket for each event, or just a postal notification within 14 days?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • zebrarose
    • By zebrarose 8th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    zebrarose
    No windscreen ticket. It was ANPR.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Jul 17, 8:06 PM
    • 14,789 Posts
    • 18,598 Thanks
    Redx
    No windscreen ticket. It was ANPR.
    Originally posted by zebrarose
    in which case (for anpr) , to comply with POFA2012 they have to issue the PCN so that it gets to the keeper by day 15

if they are NOT following POFA2012, I suppose they have say 6 months to obtain the keeper data (becasue I think the DVLA are taking a dim view of anyone accessing data after 6 months , especially debt collectors) , so possibly parking companies too

but the other "in theory" is that the PPC has 6 years to enforce the alleged debt under MCOL , so they would have to have applied for keeper details before the 6 years is up (but will have failed POFA2012)

so if they do access those details and no reasonable cause can be given, that is when the DVLA may say a DPA breach has occurred and the ICO may concur

which is when claims for a DPA breach can be made to a court , within 6 years (in other words , a counter claim)

BARGEPOLE explained some of this recently on this very forum in another thread

ie:- gather the evidence
    prove the DPA breach
    issue the court claim
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,395Posts Today

9,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin