Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah.dixon
    • By sarah.dixon 16th Mar 17, 11:44 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sarah.dixon
    SMS Spam (textmydeal)
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:44 PM
    SMS Spam (textmydeal) 16th Mar 17 at 11:44 PM
    I know there's guidance on MSE for dealing with spam SMS.

Does anyone know anything about reporting specific companies to mobile networks though to have them blocked?

I ordered a curry once and now get about 4 texts a day from textmydeal - I'd love to see them blocked as a spam provider.
Page 1
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 17th Mar 17, 9:28 AM
    • 7,980 Posts
    • 2,915 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:28 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:28 AM
    Why not de-register? That stops it instantly when placing the order you were opted in, but they do honour STOP requests.
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 17th Mar 17, 10:48 AM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 848 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:48 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:48 AM
    Sending the STOP message will cost "one standard rate text message". This charge is levied by your mobile phone provider, not by the service provider. Sending the message will not count towards inclusive allowances.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

704Posts Today

6,195Users online

Martin's Twitter