Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • preciousillusions
    • By preciousillusions 16th Mar 17, 11:26 PM
    • 523Posts
    • 724Thanks
    preciousillusions
    MR for PIP mobility, anxiety related but only need extra 4 points
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:26 PM
    MR for PIP mobility, anxiety related but only need extra 4 points 16th Mar 17 at 11:26 PM
    Hi, hope this will make sense. RE the DLA to PIP transition.

For the mobility component I was given the 10 points for 'moving around' but 0 for the 'planning and undertaking a journey' part which granted me the standard rate. I have submitted a mandatory reconsideration for this part to take into account my anxiety problems which do require me to need assistance when I am out due to psychological distress and also mean that I am at risk if I do leave the house alone. My condition consists of quite a complex mental and physical health disorder.

All I wanted to ask is that due to the fact I already have the 10 points for the 'moving around' mobility part, this means I only need the 4 points for 'planning and undertaking a journey' if I am to receive enhanced rate, correct? So in essence, the new rulings concerning psychological distress should not stop me from being able to receive enhanced if I AM successful (which of course I am aware I may well not be.) as I only need an extra 2 points. I just wanted to make sure I understand this properly? I am also aware that they will look at the whole award again but really hope they will not put me at a lower rate than what has already been offered. I sent the letter 2 weeks ago and have had my doctor send in additional evidence this week. Spoke to someone at the DWP who said that the rates I have been awarded for PIP will be paid while I am waiting for the decision which is a relief as I was worried it would be suspended until then, too.
    Last edited by preciousillusions; 16-03-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Page 1
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 17th Mar 17, 1:51 AM
    • 945 Posts
    • 1,000 Thanks
    NeilCr
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:51 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:51 AM
    Yes. That's right

Information here

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/PIP-travel/Qualifying-for-PIP-mobility-component
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,278Posts Today

7,065Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin