Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LintonLeeds
    • By LintonLeeds 16th Mar 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LintonLeeds
    Wedding List Travel Vouchers
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:34 PM
    Wedding List Travel Vouchers 16th Mar 17 at 9:34 PM
    Hi everyone!

Me and my better half are due to get married later this year and we would love to set up an account for people to donate towards travel vouchers as opposed to asking for cash or gifts which we don't really need. Obviously we would be grateful for anything, and one doesn't like to ask, but we thought we should set something up at least, but unsure where to start! We don't normally do package holidays, just book flights and accommodation separately but would be very happy to do whatever is the best way to organise it.

Any info from anyone who has done similar would be very much appreciated!
Page 1
    • lika_86
    • By lika_86 16th Mar 17, 10:35 PM
    • 1,184 Posts
    • 4,222 Thanks
    lika_86
    • 16th Mar 17, 10:35 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 10:35 PM
    I have friends who went with Kuoni who provided a service like this. The best advice I can give is to pick your honeymoon package provider first and be prepared to pay the full amount if nobody gives anything or you don't get as much as you might think. Otherwise you might end up with £50 of Thomas Cook vouchers which don't get you anywhere.
    • ognum
    • By ognum 17th Mar 17, 7:47 AM
    • 4,477 Posts
    • 6,748 Thanks
    ognum
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:47 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:47 AM
    A friends daughter organised their independent honeymoon travelling around Japan. They were going anyway.

She then broke down each element into a list, a meal at a restaurant, a boat trip, a sightseeing bus ride, a hotel night etc with a cost and a date. There were multiple items at Avery carried cost. She set up a website with pictures, costs etc.

Grifters could choose the which item they would like to give. The lovely things was that the couple who are keen photographers sent individual thank you cards after the honeymoon which included pictures of them with what you have given eg at the hotel, eating the meal etc.

I think it was a lot of work for them but they are a lovely quirky couple and even though I really hate wedding lists it really worked.

They were of course going anyway.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 17th Mar 17, 9:45 AM
    • 18,338 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:45 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:45 AM
    A friends daughter organised their independent honeymoon travelling around Japan. They were going anyway.

She then broke down each element into a list, a meal at a restaurant, a boat trip, a sightseeing bus ride, a hotel night etc with a cost and a date. There were multiple items at Avery carried cost. She set up a website with pictures, costs etc.

Grifters could choose the which item they would like to give. The lovely things was that the couple who are keen photographers sent individual thank you cards after the honeymoon which included pictures of them with what you have given eg at the hotel, eating the meal etc.

I think it was a lot of work for them but they are a lovely quirky couple and even though I really hate wedding lists it really worked.

They were of course going anyway.
    Originally posted by ognum
    I don't really like being asked for money as a wedding gift either but this idea is fab!

I'd have a lot of fun and pleasure choosing a gift from a list like this.

And what a lovely way to thank people too.
    • ognum
    • By ognum 17th Mar 17, 10:14 AM
    • 4,477 Posts
    • 6,748 Thanks
    ognum
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:14 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:14 AM
    I don't really like being asked for money as a wedding gift either but this idea is fab!

I'd have a lot of fun and pleasure choosing a gift from a list like this.

And what a lovely way to thank people too.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    Yes I thought it was lovely and in had things from a few pounds to a hundred.

it was fun talking about it afterwards too as you felt part of it.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 17th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    • 18,338 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    Yes I thought it was lovely and in had things from a few pounds to a hundred.

it was fun talking about it afterwards too as you felt part of it.
    Originally posted by ognum
    Hope you don't mind but I've quoted your post on a thread about money wedding gifts on the Weddings and Anniversaries board.
    • ognum
    • By ognum 17th Mar 17, 12:02 PM
    • 4,477 Posts
    • 6,748 Thanks
    ognum
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:02 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:02 PM
    Hope you don't mind but I've quoted your post on a thread about money wedding gifts on the Weddings and Anniversaries board.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    That's fine, hope it helps someone.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 17th Mar 17, 12:16 PM
    • 22,935 Posts
    • 59,263 Thanks
    pollypenny
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:16 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:16 PM
    I've sent a gift via Trailfinders on two occasions.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,769Posts Today

7,432Users online

Martin's Twitter