Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ElleBee95
    • By ElleBee95 16th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 9Thanks
    ElleBee95
    MET appeal ignored
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    MET appeal ignored 16th Mar 17 at 8:07 PM
    Hello

Following advice from this forum I recently appealed a Parking Charge Notice, using the wording given, to MET Parking Services. I did it online as advised and made a note of the appeal number that was given on the screen. That was back in January and nothing else was heard until now receiving another demand with threats of referring to a collections agency - so basically they've ignored the appeal completely including the request for a POPLA number. I would appreciate any advice please. Thank you
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th Mar 17, 9:10 PM
    • 16,479 Posts
    • 20,631 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:10 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:10 PM
    same as always, complain to aos@britishparking.co.uk stating that MET have breached the BPA CoP by issuing debt letters when an appeal is ongoing

attach unredacted copies of all paperwork and also add a brief timeline of events so far
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    • 51,422 Posts
    • 65,016 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    Did you check your spam and junk emails? POPLA code might have gone there in which case it will be too late to appeal if 30 days has passed since the rejection.

A big fat so what if too late to use POPLA, just ignore MET. Yes, really.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ElleBee95
    • By ElleBee95 18th Mar 17, 11:12 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ElleBee95
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:12 AM
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:12 AM
    Um sorry, do you actually mean ignore them as in the old days when we just ignored the letters until they stopped sending them??
    • ElleBee95
    • By ElleBee95 20th Mar 17, 5:32 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ElleBee95
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:32 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:32 PM
    Hi, can you tell me, did you mean just ignore all correspondence from them please?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    • 16,479 Posts
    • 20,631 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    Hi, can you tell me, did you mean just ignore all correspondence from them please?
    Originally posted by ElleBee95
    not exactly

you ignore ALL correspondence from MET or their debt collectors , UNLESS its an LBC or an MCOL , for up to 6 years

this has always been the advice when in IGNORE MODE

you would be very foolish to ignore an LBC from MET or their legal representatives, and doubly foolish to ignore an MCOL issued by MET through Northampton mcol centre
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • ElleBee95
    • By ElleBee95 20th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ElleBee95
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    Hi Sorry what is an LBC and a MCOL please?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 16,479 Posts
    • 20,631 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    please read the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of the forum

otherwise this could be a very long saga

and also use the "google" search as well

thanks
    Newbies !!
    • ElleBee95
    • By ElleBee95 20th Mar 17, 6:35 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ElleBee95
    • 20th Mar 17, 6:35 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 6:35 PM
    OK thank you - it makes sense now
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Mar 17, 6:50 PM
    • 16,479 Posts
    • 20,631 Thanks
    Redx
    Um sorry, do you actually mean ignore them as in the old days when we just ignored the letters until they stopped sending them??
    Originally posted by ElleBee95
    when you said the above , that old advice was UNLESS THEY ISSUE AN LBC or an MCOL !

it was then , it is now , except there have been changes in various laws, additional laws and the BEAVIS case etc , plus they issue a lot more court cases now than 6 years ago , mainly because of the changes , hence the caveat is more important

and the parking companies are currently issuing claims going back 6 years , so the advice didnt necessarily work

when you said "like the old days" , you implied that you were aware of the caveat I mentioned, plus the MCOL system started back in 1973 so I would have thought you about knew about this too (small claims court)

so as you can see, its not reading sticky threads that keeps you in the dark
    Newbies !!
    • ElleBee95
    • By ElleBee95 20th Mar 17, 7:10 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ElleBee95
    Thanks - there's so much advice all over the place, it's quite confusing and I suppose they like to keep it that way too! When I asked my original question I did mean as in ignore everything so I'm glad I checked now, thank you
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Mar 17, 7:15 PM
    • 16,479 Posts
    • 20,631 Thanks
    Redx
    that was the meaning I took, and the answer is always NO , not EVERYTHING

its the legal letters and paperwork that you have to deal with , even if its from a decorator you didnt pay due to a dispute over the paint colour (as you see on Rinder daily on itv)

so you ignore the letters demanding payment UNLESS its an LBC (used to be an LBA , or Letter Before Action)

and only a fool would ignore an MCOL from the Northampton Centre which is how these claims are started in this internet enabled age (used to be all done on paper , which some still are , from Salford) - for any claim , about anything
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 17, 7:33 PM
    • 51,422 Posts
    • 65,016 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    same as always, complain to aos@britishparking.co.uk stating that MET have breached the BPA CoP by issuing debt letters when an appeal is ongoing

attach unredacted copies of all paperwork and also add a brief timeline of events so far
    Originally posted by Redx
    No-one said not to do this first (above) you know...my goodness sometimes being here is like pulling teeth.

We did not say 'ignore it NOW'. I said ignore it if you find out you are too late for POPLA (i.e. after complaining to the BPA, obviously).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 20-03-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 20th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    • 16,479 Posts
    • 20,631 Thanks
    Redx
    agreed, that step should have been taken ANYWAY

I mentioned that before the OP even asked about the IGNORE MODE which is when all other avenues are exhausted

there is nothing "complicated" about this

its a dispute over money , the PPC says the OP owes it , the OP says they dont , stalemate

then in the fullness of time, the PPC has the recourse of the small claims court to resolve the dispute (like Rinder) , BUT ONLY HAS 6 YEARS TO DO SO

no idea why people think its all so complicated when the matter is a simple one ?

its - you owe me money - no I dont , Yes you do , No I dont , take me to court and prove to a judge that I owe you money, as you wont get a penny unless the judge says I owe it and defines the sum owed
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,079Posts Today

7,449Users online

Martin's Twitter