Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • williamT
    • By williamT 16th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    williamT
    Completing outstanding work on new build property
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    Completing outstanding work on new build property 16th Mar 17 at 7:43 PM
    Can anyone advise me on how to get the property developer to complete outstanding work.
    We have been in our new build for two years and are struggling to get the developers to complete the work.

Do we have anyway of forcing the company to complete the work ? Any advise would be welcome.
Page 1
    • Fuzzyness
    • By Fuzzyness 17th Mar 17, 10:43 AM
    • 612 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    Fuzzyness
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:43 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:43 AM
    not sure there is anyway to force them but they dont like it if you start highlighting their deficiencies on social media. I'm sure bovis homes amongst others have come in for some stick recently.
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 17th Mar 17, 4:02 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    • 17th Mar 17, 4:02 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 4:02 PM
    It is difficult to get developers to come back to complete work and deal with issues after you have moved in. I would just keep nagging at them or go speak to the site manager directly if their is still work going on or email their head office. I am sure you may have tried these already but thought Id throw it out there.
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • williamT
    • By williamT 21st Mar 17, 8:43 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    williamT
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:43 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:43 AM
    Thanks for replies.This company are particularly difficult. If you have ha dealings with Sherwood Homes you will know��
    • Rain Shadow
    • By Rain Shadow 21st Mar 17, 8:59 AM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 3,040 Thanks
    Rain Shadow
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:59 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:59 AM
    Can you give an indication as to what remains to be done?
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.
    • neilio
    • By neilio 21st Mar 17, 9:01 AM
    • 206 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    neilio
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:01 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:01 AM
    Why did the developer complete on the sale of the property if it was not finished? Are you talking about snags or something more substantial?

You should have a two year warranty from the developer to make good any defects.
    • williamT
    • By williamT 30th Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    williamT
    • 30th Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    • 30th Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    Thanks for all the advice.This development was advertised as a gated estate.We ar still waiting for the gates to be completed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin