Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xor37h
    • By xor37h 16th Mar 17, 7:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    xor37h
    PPI and mistakes
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:28 PM
    PPI and mistakes 16th Mar 17 at 7:28 PM
    Hi....
    I have just recently got Lloyds Bank to admit that I had PPI with them, filled in all the paperwork, had the usual return calls asking questions about pensions, employment at the time and then had the letter back saying that in their opinion I was not mis sold it as I needed it

I know I never asked for it even although they said I did and they have shown that the box was ticked. It was over 14 years ago on the two credit cards.

My question is that on one of the credit agreements it shows that they have put down my wrong date of birth, they have January instead of June and I would assume that at that time they would have to do a credit check. The application was carried out in branch I think. Does the wrong date of birth mean that they never carried out a credit check as I assume that the correct date of birth would be important.
    They have only sent me a copy of the first page of both applications, which show that PPI was ticked, but it does not say who ticked it or that all the correct checks were carried out.
    I am pretty sure I never asked for it.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Kenny
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 16th Mar 17, 8:00 PM
    • 18,896 Posts
    • 10,119 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:00 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:00 PM
    . Does the wrong date of birth mean that they never carried out a credit check
    Originally posted by xor37h
    This is completely irrelevant to a PPI complaint. The Bank can decide you are credit worthy how ever they want to. A minor error with your birthdate is not going to result in a refund of PPI.
    They have only sent me a copy of the first page of both applications, which show that PPI was ticked, but it does not say who ticked it or that all the correct checks were carried out.
    What "correct" checks? Again, irrelevant to a PPI complaint.
    The PPI was ticked to say you did want it. If you didn't why did you sign your agreement to it?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 16th Mar 17, 8:39 PM
    • 89,873 Posts
    • 56,545 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:39 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:39 PM
    My question is that on one of the credit agreements it shows that they have put down my wrong date of birth, they have January instead of June and I would assume that at that time they would have to do a credit check.
    That is not a correct assumption. I used to work for Lloyds decades ago and existing customers were often not credit scored on credit card applications and some loans. However, it is totally irrelevant to anything.

oes the wrong date of birth mean that they never carried out a credit check as I assume that the correct date of birth would be important.
    It has nothing to do with you whether they did or they didnt. It is a non-event.

Who ticked it doesnt matter. Whether it is you or a staff member is not an issue.

An unprovable allegation.
    This will come down to credibility. People who see transactions on their statement that they did not agree to tend to complain relatively quickly. So, if this application was in the last few months or even last year or two, then your complaint would be credible even without evidence. However, if this is say a decade or even more ago, then you lack credibility.

With most unprovable allegations, if there are no other failures identified, then the complaint is normally rejected.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

355Posts Today

1,491Users online

Martin's Twitter