Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • bigbadbalf
    • By bigbadbalf 16th Mar 17, 7:27 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Claiming joint benifits
    • #1
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:27 PM
    Claiming joint benifits 16th Mar 17 at 7:27 PM
    Me and my partner are looking to move in together,I am getting jsa,she is currently on income support,there would be 3 children living in the house and we have tried to find how much money we would be entitled tooif we were to live together can anyone help?
Page 1
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 16th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 11,941 Posts
    • 17,596 Thanks
    • #2
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • #2
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    child tax credits, housing benefit. council tax support would remain the same, but you have to inform them all of the change in circumstances and make joint claims.
    her income support would stop and you would add her to your JSA claim.

    you would receive around £114 a week for you both
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

3,202Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

  • MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet

  • Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

  • Follow Martin