Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigbadbalf
    • By bigbadbalf 16th Mar 17, 7:27 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bigbadbalf
    Claiming joint benifits
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:27 PM
    Claiming joint benifits 16th Mar 17 at 7:27 PM
    Me and my partner are looking to move in together,I am getting jsa,she is currently on income support,there would be 3 children living in the house and we have tried to find how much money we would be entitled tooif we were to live together can anyone help?
Page 1
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 16th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 12,205 Posts
    • 18,118 Thanks
    nannytone
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    child tax credits, housing benefit. council tax support would remain the same, but you have to inform them all of the change in circumstances and make joint claims.
    her income support would stop and you would add her to your JSA claim.

you would receive around £114 a week for you both
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,966Posts Today

4,338Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin