Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Whittle
    • By Whittle 16th Mar 17, 6:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Whittle
    Dunster House - Customer Service is non-existent
    • 16th Mar 17, 6:58 PM
    Dunster House - Customer Service is non-existent 16th Mar 17 at 6:58 PM
    We have recently bought a log cabin from Dunster House. Very helpful sales team and dispatch, happy to talk over the phone. Once the cabin is delivered, it is a different story - they will only converse over e-mail - regardless of whether they have made a huge mistake on your delivery and caused you unknown inconvenience. BEWARE - Dunster House customer service is awful and they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

See thread "Dunster House Log Cabnis, nice cabin shame about the ingrained dirt" to see more stories going back to 2011. Their Director, Andrew Murphy states on their website, "Why their Customer Service Team prefer e-mail". Apparently, it gets rid of emotion and helps concentrate on the problem. It also helps to retain demoralised staff who are abused by a minority of customers over the phone, but not by e-mail.

Here's a thought Andrew, why don't you tackle the reason behind why your customers are unhappy? That way, you get happy customers AND happy staff! Yay! When a customer receives a delivery of logs that are too short to build the cabin, why don't you offer to send the correct logs asap, so the customer can get on with building the cabin? Or, if you can't do that, offer the next best thing. Help to build it quicker, when the logs are available.

Just show the customer that you actually care Andrew, and just by magic, our anger and frustration goes away. You know why? 'Cos we don't want to demoralise your customer service team or fight with them. We just want a nice log cabin built in our garden, preferably in the week's holiday that we booked off work, and at the same time as when we paid a carpenter to build it.

Anyway, I digress. I started a new thread because the Customer Service at Dunster House needs to be addressed. It is appalling. There is no problem with moving with the times and dealing with customers over e-mail or social media, but the same etiquette should apply with regards to response times and constructive support and guidance for the customer. It is so easy to hide behind an e-mail and social media, that in fact, you can actually be more "emotional". Dunster House clearly has problems with their after sales service, but to not have a customer service telephone number? So you can actually speak to someone? Seems very odd to me.
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 16th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    • 10,149 Posts
    • 6,817 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    Years ago we bought a log cabin from Dunster. Their CS was bad then. Fortunately I had paid by credit card and within a few weeks I had my money back.
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,816Posts Today

8,480Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

• MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin