Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 16th Mar 17, 6:21 PM
    • 3,327Posts
    • 2,692Thanks
    dekaspace
    Broadband contract rights?
    • 16th Mar 17, 6:21 PM
    Broadband contract rights? 16th Mar 17 at 6:21 PM
    Not totally the right section I assume but its hard to describe.

Shortest version is, had it 2 years, got loyality discount Nov 2015 after contract changes, for next year they messed up billing so had to manually adjust bill each month so meant I had some months where I paid the full amount without discount, then another month where I paid next to nothing.

Nov 2016 I managed to get through to executive complaints who credited £20 and I mentioned I was looking at new place to live and since my contract had ran out could I renegotiate when I moved and also get moving fee waived, was told this was possible and mention it to moving team when moving.

Dec 2016 I had to move at short notice so QUERIED a house move, not authorised one, person said they were unsure if my new property had Virgin from pervious customer so would make checks and ring me back, the ring back never occured and about 10 days later services went off at old property.

I query and was told that was because the following day a engineer was booked for new property, oh and by the way I was in a new 12 month contract and been charged a moving fee!

I complained and got a response back of "well you asked to move house so the charge/new contract is valid"

This is where it gets even more complicated due to the billing issues.

They didn't take Decembers payment meaning I would owe 2 months on next bill except I also was due a £20 credit and as bill is £39 a month what was due should be £59, imagine my surprise that its £109 (£20 for the moving fee) but even then it would be £89 so where did the extra £30 charge turn up from?

I complain again (as well as complain start of Jan about the new contract) I don't hear back but pay £80 at the time and am told they will refund the £20.

Febs and March seems correct bar the Jan bill being incorrect, it seems they charged me the FULL amount in Dec and didn't add loyalty credits then didn't credit for problems.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

944Posts Today

9,334Users online

Martin's Twitter