Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Llerryt
    • By Llerryt 16th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Llerryt
    Advice on selling
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    Advice on selling 16th Mar 17 at 5:31 PM
    Hi,

Hoping to get some constructive advice really been on the market for a month or so, and struggling with getting viewers through the door.

Can't post a link , but a search for a three bed detached in gl46ty Should. Direct you to it.

Thanks in Advance
Page 3
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 18th Mar 17, 9:27 AM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 3,405 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    If I were looking I'd rather buy a bigger 2-bed semi detached - like this one. It's cheaper, has much greater kerb appeal and looks bigger. Your home is detached, but really, only just. You are still quite close to neighbours so for me, a semi detached would fit the bill.
    Last edited by Lioness Twinkletoes; 18-03-2017 at 9:31 AM.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 11:10 AM
    • 1,082 Posts
    • 2,934 Thanks
    Penitent
    If I were looking I'd rather buy a bigger 2-bed semi detached - like this one. It's cheaper, has much greater kerb appeal and looks bigger. Your home is detached, but really, only just. You are still quite close to neighbours so for me, a semi detached would fit the bill.
    Originally posted by Lioness Twinkletoes
    I agree, that one's much better. It's also worth having a look at their third bedroom. Theirs is 10'6" x 7'2" (compared to your 11'10" x 6'8) and only has some scattered bits and bobs in it, yet I have no trouble picturing a single bed and storage furniture in theirs.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 18th Mar 17, 11:22 AM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 1,988 Thanks
    Crashy Time

I`m guessing that one has been reduced a few times, with more to go?
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 18th Mar 17, 11:43 AM
    • 2,492 Posts
    • 3,264 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    That one is in a much more desirable area and it is still bigger and cheaper.
    • GwylimT
    • By GwylimT 18th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 5,703 Posts
    • 10,603 Thanks
    GwylimT
    My first thoughts.

Who owns the front garden? The street light suggests the home owner doesn't, therefore no front garden.

Is the garage wide enough for a car? If not one parking space isn't really adequate.

I think the fridge looks over powering, the angle of the second kitchen picture needs changing so you can see what is next to the fridge. The photos also highlight that the wall cupboards are too shallow to be much use.

Bedroom one, as I can't see beyond the foot of the bed I assume the room is very small.

Bedroom two, firstly I can't believe people don't know what a day bed is! When you factor in their frames they are the size of a standard single bed. Looking at the description the day bed can be moved length ways, this way the room could also fit some bedroom furniture. Until I read the details I assumed it was too narrow to even have a bedside table, people will also assume this as you wouldn't move onto the details at this stage.

Bedroom 3? From your photos I assume bedroom 3 is the smallest room and so not shown, other people will assume this and not bother reasing the details.

Bathroom, where do I shower?

Garden, very messy, a view of the back of the house is probably preferable to obscure the housing behind, as sadly that would put some people off viewing.

Its a new build, a lick of paint and a new bathroom (which looks identical to this builders basic bathroom kit), wouldn't really increase value.

The description
    Rental income, this suggests it isn't suitable as a long term family home, I would get rid of that bit. Archway to en-suite, this tells me there isn't an actual door, which makes this invisible master room seem more dodgy due to a lack of photo.

I like your colour schemes, however a good lick of magnolia would be better.
    Last edited by GwylimT; 18-03-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    • 1,082 Posts
    • 2,934 Thanks
    Penitent
    Bedroom two, firstly I can't believe people don't know what a day bed is! When you factor in their frames they are the size of a standard single bed.
    Originally posted by GwylimT
    It looks like an IKEA HEMNES day bed, which measures 80x200cm. A standard single is around 20-25cm (I think that's about 8-10"?) wider than that.

If it is the bed I think it is, that makes it about 2'7" and change wide, which means you should be able to fit 2 of them (5'2") with 1'6" to spare in a 6'8" wide room, which still makes me think the room is advertised as a foot-ish too wide. (I'm giving myself a headache with all this imperial. You should be able to fit two with 43cm to spare.)

There should also be 1.61m (minus a few cm because of the radiator) at the bottom of the bed, but I just can't see it.
    Last edited by Penitent; 18-03-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 18th Mar 17, 12:44 PM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 1,988 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    That one is in a much more desirable area and it is still bigger and cheaper.
    Originally posted by Cakeguts

Case closed, basically the OP needs to reduce their price?
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 18th Mar 17, 1:26 PM
    • 2,492 Posts
    • 3,264 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    En-Suite - Tiled shower cubicle with Mira shower over. Vanity wash hand basin. Tiled splashbacks. Shaver point and extractor fan. This puzzles me. Where is the toilet? There is no toilet on the plan either.
    • katebl
    • By katebl 18th Mar 17, 6:11 PM
    • 571 Posts
    • 265 Thanks
    katebl
    Where I live it is standard for people to add 100k on a 2 bed terrace after only two years of owning and with no work done... This is why I won't be buying anytime immediately! I'm no expert on pricing but just wanted to say I do think the decor is lovely and I'd not change much at all - I would try and spruce up your garden though!
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 20th Mar 17, 11:01 AM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 1,988 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    A house will sell if at the right price. However the London downturn is spreading out across the South helped by the stamp duty changes and buy to let changes.

Just get it priced right by using similar properties which have sold. People are fast no longer willing to pay bubble prices and becoming far more realistic.
    Originally posted by brit1234

Great news for society really?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,456Posts Today

9,303Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Emloy93: @MartinSLewis I did this! It 100% works ????????

• RT @Photo_Pete: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, I'll renew mine before my 24th in September!

• Tell any 23 yr olds... you're allowed to buy a 3 year 16-25 railcard the day before your 24th birthday then it's valid until ur almost 27 RT

• Follow Martin