Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Llerryt
    • By Llerryt 16th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Llerryt
    Advice on selling
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    Advice on selling 16th Mar 17 at 5:31 PM
    Hi,

Hoping to get some constructive advice really been on the market for a month or so, and struggling with getting viewers through the door.

Can't post a link , but a search for a three bed detached in gl46ty Should. Direct you to it.

Thanks in Advance
Page 1
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 16th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 1,936 Thanks
    tykesi
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    Here's the link

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46978695.html
    £2017 in 2017 - £1057.70
    • Llerryt
    • By Llerryt 16th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Llerryt
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    Thank you,
    That's it
    • Jox
    • By Jox 16th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 1,265 Posts
    • 2,680 Thanks
    Jox
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    Looks good in my opinion! In the last 3 months there have been 92 property sales in your area so hopefully there will be activity for you soon. What does your agent say?
    • marksmith125
    • By marksmith125 16th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    marksmith125
    Hi Llerryt,
    I think you should hire an experienced real estate agent. He will help you in selling your home fast at a fair price.
    Thanks!!
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 16th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 4,069 Posts
    • 15,984 Thanks
    Slinky
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    Not knowing the area, I'd have to suspect that it's price. 68% increase in just over 4 years? What have you done to it to make it worth so much more in this time?
    • Llerryt
    • By Llerryt 16th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Llerryt
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    Agent saying that lots of click throughs, but just not getting the expected enquires.
    Had four agents in the value the property all suggested a similar price, over the price that we currantly have it on for now.
    • Llerryt
    • By Llerryt 16th Mar 17, 5:48 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Llerryt
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:48 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:48 PM
    The house was in a state when we bought it didn't have a bathroom, and since we moved in everything has been redecorated. Feel that we massively underplayed before, and got a great bargain.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Mar 17, 5:49 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    Penitent
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:49 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:49 PM
    The bedrooms (and maybe the living room) look a bit cramped and your kitchen appears to be cowering behind the biggest fridge in existance, but it's tidy and inoffensive. I wouldn't say there's any big glaring things that you need to fix.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 16th Mar 17, 7:15 PM
    • 7,287 Posts
    • 45,593 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I don't know the area but tbh it looks pretty good - nothing obviously needing doing - although I suspect the floor space may be smaller than the other properties just slightly more expensive than yours.

The fridge freezer is large, but then it shows that one will fit there (lots of families seem to prefer these atm) so no necessarily an issue.

Didn't see any photos of the en-suite so didn't know if had one until I read through. Also I hate the phrase 'internal viewing recommended' as it makes me assume the road / area / outside of the property either has no kerb appeal or is 'rough' (akin to saying someone has a nice personality IYKWIM).

What's the feedback from the viewings you have had?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Llerryt
    • By Llerryt 16th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Llerryt
    Feedback has been fairly positive, could moved straight in and well presented, but just not right.

Fridge I agree looks big on the photos, but doesn't feel imposing at all.

No photos of eh suite or master bedroom as it is really dark and photos didn't do any justice at all.
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 16th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    • 8,962 Posts
    • 6,764 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    3 bed det for £210K?

I didn't realise prices in Gloucester were so reasonable
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 16th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 2,020 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    Hi,

Hoping to get some constructive advice really been on the market for a month or so, and struggling with getting viewers through the door.

Can't post a link , but a search for a three bed detached in gl46ty Should. Direct you to it.

Thanks in Advance
    Originally posted by Llerryt
    Please explain why you think that your house has increased in value by £125k from new when other houses on that estate have only increased by £60+k from new?

I used the sold prices on Rightmove to work out the price increases from new. I also looked at the local area which is a massive council estate. A nearby council estate will put some buyers off. Estate agents can only give you a guess on the value. The actual value is how much someone will pay you for it.

That road and that area will have a top price.
    • Llerryt
    • By Llerryt 16th Mar 17, 8:34 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Llerryt
    We bought the house cheap, really really, and have refurbished from top to bottom..im terms of ceiling prices for the area, our immediate neighbour sold for 248000 this year, a four bed detached, and other houses within the cul de sac of the same style to ours are "Zoopla" valued above the price we are asking.

I would love to be able to hide the price we paid, as it does seem to be a burdon, but it was 25k less than any other similar properties at the time, but just needed work doing to it.

Thanks for the opinions, they are giving us insight into why viewers may not be booking. Just wish there was more to do about being proactive about getting people through the door
    • Mrs36
    • By Mrs36 16th Mar 17, 8:44 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    Mrs36
    You say your neighbours sold this year, has the sale gone through as I can't see any sold prices recently?? ETA think I just found it, purple bricks? I really don't think you can compare asking prices of a 4 bed with a 3, as they will each attract different buyers looking for different things. In my area (which commands similar prices currently) there is about a 60k difference for a 3 bed and a 4 bed - in which case you are overpriced..

Ignore Zoopla, they are just algorithms and have no idea what you or anyone else has done to their property.

ETA the price you paid is completely irrelevant to buyers, so it would make no difference if you hid it.
    Last edited by Mrs36; 16-03-2017 at 8:50 PM.
    • Llerryt
    • By Llerryt 16th Mar 17, 9:14 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Llerryt
    Can I ask what the % difference is between 3 and 4 beds in your area?
    • Mrs36
    • By Mrs36 16th Mar 17, 9:30 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    Mrs36
    As I mentioned, similar prices. 3 bed, 200-220, 4 bed 260-270. However that is irrelevant to your question, and your situation.
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 16th Mar 17, 9:56 PM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 2,020 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    We bought the house cheap, really really, and have refurbished from top to bottom..im terms of ceiling prices for the area, our immediate neighbour sold for 248000 this year, a four bed detached, and other houses within the cul de sac of the same style to ours are "Zoopla" valued above the price we are asking.

I would love to be able to hide the price we paid, as it does seem to be a burdon, but it was 25k less than any other similar properties at the time, but just needed work doing to it.

Thanks for the opinions, they are giving us insight into why viewers may not be booking. Just wish there was more to do about being proactive about getting people through the door
    Originally posted by Llerryt
    The four bed is much much bigger than your 3 bed. It also has more off street parking and is in a better position than on the corner.

So £248k is the top price for a 4 bed in your area. Forget about Zoopla. It is always wrong. How does the size of your 3 bed detached compare to a 3 bed semi because you have to remember that not everyone wants to pay extra for a detached house when they can get one the same size as a semi for less.

You are competing for buyers with people selling 4 bed semis in better areas.
    • Llerryt
    • By Llerryt 16th Mar 17, 10:09 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Llerryt
    Having a quick look through Rightmove, there's only a handfull of detached houses up to 250k, starting at 200, within a 3 mile radius. Of the area we are in, it was a new development, built in 1999, mix of 2 3 and 4 beds, mostly terraced and semis. Roughly 10% are detached, and ours was the last 3 bed detached that sold when we last bought it.

I know I'm being defensive and everything being said so far does make sense, but cant see why people aren't looking at least.

Guess it's more waiting with crossed fingers for someone who wants out place.
    • brit1234
    • By brit1234 16th Mar 17, 10:26 PM
    • 5,134 Posts
    • 11,922 Thanks
    brit1234
    A house will sell if at the right price. However the London downturn is spreading out across the South helped by the stamp duty changes and buy to let changes.

Just get it priced right by using similar properties which have sold. People are fast no longer willing to pay bubble prices and becoming far more realistic.
    Scams - Shared Equity, Shared Ownership, Newbuy, Firstbuy and Help to Buy.

Save our Savers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,669Posts Today

7,378Users online

Martin's Twitter