Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • archi1
    • By archi1 16th Mar 17, 4:57 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    archi1
    UKCPN Parking tickets - what sould i do?
    • 16th Mar 17, 4:57 PM
    UKCPN Parking tickets - what sould i do? 16th Mar 17 at 4:57 PM
    The keeper received two parking tickets by 'UKCPS' within a week, the charge has gone to £100 each and threatening court action.

Received outside the keepers flat, which states Residents only but there is also sign indicating a permit.

Just bought a new car and had parked there whilst contacting my estate agents with regards to a parking permit. However, there are no spaces apparently as they have recently sold some.

Left with multiple charges and no permit.

They have sent letters to the keepers Mothers address that state they will claim the amount due.

Not contacted them and do not know whether to pay or not?

any help will be appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by archi1; 20-03-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    • 40,241 Posts
    • 80,356 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    What is the name of the parking company please?

Have you read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES yet? This is your one stop shop for all private parking queries.

What does your lease/AST say about parking?

What is the timeline of events.
    Date of alleged incidents. Whether there were windscreen tickets or not.
    Date you received the NTK/
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • archi1
    • By archi1 16th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    archi1
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    Parking company name is 'UKCPS Ltd'

I have but I wasn't sure if my situation is right in terms of which template to use and also if I have left it too late.

Not sure about the lease, but I do know that they ask for £30 per month for a permit and that is done via the estate agency. I have not read it in regards to parking. I'm also not at home so cant retrieve this info right now.

First ticket issues 26 Jan 2017 - received letter at mothers address on the 28th Feb 2017

Second ticket issued 04 Feb 2017 - received letter at mothers address on the 07 March 2017

They where windscreen tickets.

*I am assuming they have access to the DVLA as they have my details.

I have not contacted them in any way
    Last edited by archi1; 16-03-2017 at 5:34 PM.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 40,241 Posts
    • 80,356 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    So UKCPS then, not UKCPN as per your title and first post, hence the question.

IPC members so use the template letter in black from the NEWBIES thread.

Meanwhile find out what your lease says about parking, (not what the parking scammers or Management Agency say) as this will establish primacy of contract.

A third party (parking scammers) cannot add on Ts ad Cs to an existing contract (the lease/AST.)
    I don't have a sister.

• archi1
    • By archi1 16th Mar 17, 5:53 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    archi1
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:53 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:53 PM
    Yes sorry, okay so as far as I am aware there is nothing in the tenancy agreement with regards to parking.

Simply stated 'Parking is available please contact agent for more details' - this I cannot do until Monday as they are now closed.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th Mar 17, 6:28 PM
    • 40,241 Posts
    • 80,356 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 16th Mar 17, 6:28 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 6:28 PM
    Yes sorry, okay so as far as I am aware there is nothing in the tenancy agreement with regards to parking.

Simply stated 'Parking is available please contact agent for more details' - this I cannot do until Monday as they are now closed.
    Originally posted by archi1
    If there is no mention of a parking permit, it begs the question, why are you paying for one so that you can be scammed by not displaying it.

You do need to fire off the IPC template letter though. Don't miss the appeal deadline while finding out about the lease/AST. You need a copy in writing, and again, not something from the M/A or parking scammers, but something from the owner.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 17-03-2017 at 9:16 AM.
    I don't have a sister.

• archi1
    • By archi1 16th Mar 17, 6:42 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    archi1
    • 16th Mar 17, 6:42 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 6:42 PM
    Okay so just to confirm.

I will send the letter ASAP.

What exactly do I need a copy of in writing? And the owner of what?

Apologies, I don't do this often.

Also thank you for taking time to help me in this.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Mar 17, 1:05 AM
    • 49,048 Posts
    • 62,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:05 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:05 AM
    Do you own the flat?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Mar 17, 9:18 AM
    • 40,241 Posts
    • 80,356 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:18 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:18 AM
    Okay so just to confirm.

I will send the letter ASAP.

What exactly do I need a copy of in writing? And the owner of what?

Apologies, I don't do this often.

Also thank you for taking time to help me in this.
    A copy of your lease/AST. The landowner of the property and car park where you live.
    I don't have a sister.

• Barneyboyz336
    • By Barneyboyz336 17th Mar 17, 9:26 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Barneyboyz336
    Can I ask how long you parked there for? Also are there any keep clear writing near your flat you can actually park in those believe it or believe it not, traffic wardens or police can not touch you for parking in this area.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Mar 17, 9:58 AM
    • 40,241 Posts
    • 80,356 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Can I ask how long you parked there for? Also are there any keep clear writing near your flat you can actually park in those believe it or believe it not, traffic wardens or police can not touch you for parking in this area.
    Originally posted by Barneyboyz336
    This is nothing to do with council parking wardens (CEOs as they are now called) or the police. It is to do with a speculative invoice for parking on private land. Civil or contract law in other words.

You have also asked a taboo question. You should never ask questions where an answer might reveal the driver's identity. (You asked, how long were YOU parked?) We only want to know about The Driver and The Keeper.

The OP should amend the original post to remove information about who did what and only refer to the two people I have indicated above.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 17-03-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    I don't have a sister.

• archi1
    • By archi1 18th Mar 17, 9:56 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    archi1
    So I need to send a copy of the lease in the letter as well?, will that not give away identity?

I'm am thinking of just paying it, I do not know if this will just backfire and I will end up having court fees etc to pay..

There are clear sign posted around easy too see.

I only parked there a number of times for short periods. I feel like I have left them to long and that I do not have enough time to appeal as I do not want this to go further than it has. I will ring up the agents on Monday and ask for information on the owner of the flat and the parking arrangement and if any is mentioned in my tenancy agreement. I will then send two separate letters for each ticket using the template.

If I don't hear anything back by the deadline I am just going to grit my teeth and pay unfortunately.

I do not own the flat.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Mar 17, 10:40 PM
    • 49,048 Posts
    • 62,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm am thinking of just paying it,
    Seriously, at your OWN HOME? Are you a complete pushover normally? This is no big deal you know and they can be cancelled by the landowner if you act very quickly and assertively, so reinsert your backbone please and sort this out on Monday.

If you 'just pay' for an easy life, this it isn't just affecting you. In doing so, you sponsor this industry and fund the next PCNs to vulnerable victims. Please don't be that person, do not be a victim who actually helps perpetuate this rip-off against more victims.

And - you live there; are you really going to give in to these bullies and do what they say for the next umpteen years, live in fear of these ex-clampers and shell out money every time your permit slips a bit or your windscreen is frozen so they can't see the pointless permit? You want to live like that?

As we often say to victims of this scam, get a grip. Even if you lost a small claim hearing it would cost about £150 per PCN if you lost (and we almost always win!). No big deal, no huge risk, no CCJ. Most never go to a hearing.

What happened when you complained to the Estate or Managing Agents? Is it definitely UKCPS not UKCPM?

I know for a fact that landowners have the right to cancel UKCPS ones for a tenner if you ask quickly...

DEMAND THESE ARE CANCELLED AND OFFER TO PAY THE TENNER TO THE AGENTS TO GET SHOT OF THEM.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 19-03-2017 at 3:09 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 19th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    • 40,241 Posts
    • 80,356 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Only a mug would think of paying this.

You haven't edited your original port as I suggested earlier. You need to do that ASAP.

You need a copy of the lease/AST so that you know what you are and are not allowed to do with regard to parking, and so we can advise you accordingly.
    If there is no mention of parking, or a parking permit, you would be an idiot to pay this charge.
    I don't have a sister.

• archi1
    • By archi1 20th Mar 17, 12:38 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    archi1
    I have rang the estate agent, there is no mention about parking in the lease.

They are ringing me back with regards to who is the landowner.

Yeah I see your point they should not be able to do this.

There are two different sign posted around outside, one saying residents only and there sign for permits.
    • archi1
    • By archi1 20th Mar 17, 12:41 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    archi1

What happened when you complained to the Estate or Managing Agents? Is it definitely UKCPS not UKCPM?

Originally posted by Coupon-mad

Definitely UKCPS
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 6,854 Posts
    • 5,879 Thanks
    The Deep
    A great number of parking charges imposed by PPCs in residential car parks are unlawful, and judges are more than ever finding for the occupant. Indeed some residents ar about to take these scammers to court for breaches of the D.P.A.

You should get your landlord on board, this is not really a matter for letting agents, it is your landlord's lawful obligation to ensure that your leasehold tight to quiet enjoyment is not being compromised by a scammers engaged improperly by Managing Agents. Worth reading

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72279817#post72279817

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72279817#post72279817
    Last edited by The Deep; 20-03-2017 at 1:05 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 17, 7:45 PM
    • 49,048 Posts
    • 62,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I have rang the estate agent, there is no mention about parking in the lease.

They are ringing me back with regards to who is the landowner.

Yeah I see your point they should not be able to do this.

There are two different sign posted around outside, one saying residents only and there sign for permits.

Even if a 'permit' is mentioned in your tenancy agreement (which it almost certainly is not) we doubt the £100 charge or any random 'terms' on signs are stated as being incorporated into the contract? Thought not.

So, same advice as here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112566

...only change 'lease' to 'tenancy' or 'AST agreement'.

• archi1
    • By archi1 21st Mar 17, 1:12 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    archi1
    The keepers vehicle is registered at a different address will this make any difference?
    • archi1
    • By archi1 21st Mar 17, 1:25 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    archi1
    New update, the Agency has the right to cancel tickets however wont in this case because 'If we did this then we would have to do it for everyone who parked there and got a ticket.'

Apparently a separate agreement is made when the permit is issued.

No mention at all in the Tenancy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,794Posts Today

10,012Users online

Martin's Twitter