Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fifthofwhisky
    • By fifthofwhisky 16th Mar 17, 4:34 PM
    • 75Posts
    • 8Thanks
    fifthofwhisky
    Moving home/cancellation charge
    • 16th Mar 17, 4:34 PM
    Moving home/cancellation charge 16th Mar 17 at 4:34 PM
    I'm moving from one household with PlusNet services to another which also has them. Therefore I do not need to relocate the service and have asked PlusNet to cancel when I move out of the existing property. They said there would be a cancellation charge unless someone subscribed to a service at the property after my exit. I think £30 was the charge mentioned. Is this correct?
Page 1
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 16th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    lee111s
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    Yes. It's an Openreach cessation charge.
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 16th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    • 794 Posts
    • 720 Thanks
    Terry98
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    Will it cost anything to move home broadband?

It depends on what broadband package you've got and how far along you are in your contract. To
    find out what you're on and if you're still in contract, just give us a ring on 0800 013 2632 .
    If you start a new broadband contract when you move, it's free to move your broadband to your new home. You might need to change your broadband package if you do that.
    If you want to carry on with the contract you've got at the moment, you'll need to pay £65 to move your broadband.
    If you need to have a phone line put in, it'll cost £49.99

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/moving-home-or-office/
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 16th Mar 17, 5:25 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    lee111s
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:25 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:25 PM
    Will it cost anything to move home broadband?

It depends on what broadband package you've got and how far along you are in your contract. To
    find out what you're on and if you're still in contract, just give us a ring on 0800 013 2632 .
    If you start a new broadband contract when you move, it's free to move your broadband to your new home. You might need to change your broadband package if you do that.
    If you want to carry on with the contract you've got at the moment, you'll need to pay £65 to move your broadband.
    If you need to have a phone line put in, it'll cost £49.99

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/moving-home-or-office/
    Originally posted by Terry98
    Read the original post again
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 17th Mar 17, 5:41 AM
    • 794 Posts
    • 720 Thanks
    Terry98
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:41 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 5:41 AM
    When we moved we did not have to pay any cessation charge although we did start a new contract.

Our ISP was happy to keep us but from what you say Plusnet charge you even though you stay with them. Seems very strange to me.

Perhaps the OP should read this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5312157
    Last edited by Terry98; 17-03-2017 at 7:47 AM.
    • tomthered
    • By tomthered 17th Mar 17, 2:59 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    tomthered
    • 17th Mar 17, 2:59 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 2:59 PM
    Could the Op not do a quidco or topcashback deal as they are effectively being charged like new customers?
    • fifthofwhisky
    • By fifthofwhisky 17th Mar 17, 3:26 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    fifthofwhisky
    • 17th Mar 17, 3:26 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 3:26 PM
    Could the Op not do a quidco or topcashback deal as they are effectively being charged like new customers?
    Originally posted by tomthered
    I'm not sure how I am being charged like a new customer as you suggest, unless the connection charge is same as disconnection?

I'm cancelling one PN service and keeping the other. I'm out of contract on both. It is also the time to look at options for the next 12 months or so. Maybe a slightly different topic but any suggestions for a good alternative welcome (also considering upgrade to Fibre)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,396Posts Today

7,601Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin