Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hufc2002
    • By hufc2002 16th Mar 17, 2:04 PM
    • 240Posts
    • 24Thanks
    hufc2002
    Where to go for an AIP/DIP?
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:04 PM
    Where to go for an AIP/DIP? 16th Mar 17 at 2:04 PM
    Hi all

Where do I go to get a DIP/AIP?

Our house is getting valued in the next few weeks with a view of it going on the market depending on the valuation etc.

We will be looking at properties in the £165k region with a 10% deposit.

Wife is keen to get ours on the market to enable us to be in a better position for offering on properties as we are looking at a very particular area to buy and properties don't come up for sale often.

My worry is whether or not we will be approved for a mortgage therefore I would be keen to have a DIP/AIP in place sooner rather than later.

Where should I go for this and will these affect credit files or are these soft searches? We bank with Lloyds however their rates aren't great.

Financial Scenario is as follows:

Combined salary of £62.5k
    Wife Car Loan - £178 per month (23 months remaining)
    My Car PC - £389 per month (28 months remaining)
    Wife CC Balance - £2.5k
    My CC Balance - £0
    Childcare Costs - circa £680 per month (however we both receive maximum amount of childcare vouchers £243 each per month therefore £194 paid via cash). These costs will reduce dramatically with effect from Easter 2018 with the provision of 30 free hours.

Any advice please.

Thanks
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 16th Mar 17, 2:19 PM
    • 31,459 Posts
    • 16,813 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:19 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:19 PM
    HBR&S as it has more activity!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5618941
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 17th Mar 17, 3:55 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    • 17th Mar 17, 3:55 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 3:55 PM
    Try speaking to a mortgage broker or you can do AIP's online and some banks only do soft credit checks.
    Finally going to be a homeowner
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

2,055Users online

Martin's Twitter