Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • InclusiveNeil
    • By InclusiveNeil 16th Mar 17, 1:58 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 4Thanks
    InclusiveNeil
    Can't Pay Insurance Excess
    • 16th Mar 17, 1:58 PM
    Can't Pay Insurance Excess 16th Mar 17 at 1:58 PM
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any tips if someone can't pay their insurance excess and has no other easy access to credit. Will insurers let you pay the excess in installments?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • notbritishgas
    • By notbritishgas 16th Mar 17, 3:26 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    notbritishgas
    • 16th Mar 17, 3:26 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 3:26 PM
    I think normally the excess is paid to the garage doing the repair.

So in your hypothetical case the garage possibly would not release the car until paid.

I am assuming this is a motoring case.
    • Blibble
    • By Blibble 16th Mar 17, 5:17 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    Blibble
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:17 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 5:17 PM
    I think normally the excess is paid to the garage doing the repair.

So in your hypothetical case the garage possibly would not release the car until paid.

I am assuming this is a motoring case.
    Originally posted by notbritishgas
    Presuming OP is discussing vehicle insurance?

Same would go for a buildings / contents policy though; worth discussing with the insurer's supplier but it tends to be paid in one go. Unless you have the option of deducting it from a cash settlement?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

576Posts Today

5,032Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin