Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dini
    • By dini 16th Mar 17, 1:30 PM
    • 176Posts
    • 291Thanks
    dini
    Removable backsplash
    • 16th Mar 17, 1:30 PM
    Removable backsplash 16th Mar 17 at 1:30 PM
    I have just moved into a rental property, and only just noticed that there is no backsplash behind the sink in the kitchen.
    I've done a few searches, but can't find anything that might suit that could be removed without causing damage.
    I cant imagine Ill get through the tenancy without some splashing...
    Any ideas?
    If I cant find an option I'll see if the landlord would be open to having some tiling done.
    Light Bulb Moment: Feb 2007
    Debt: £65560 ~~~~~~ Debt Free day 24th March 2016
Page 1
    • firsttimemover
    • By firsttimemover 16th Mar 17, 2:15 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    firsttimemover
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:15 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:15 PM
    I have just moved into a rental property, and only just noticed that there is no backsplash behind the sink in the kitchen.
    I've done a few searches, but can't find anything that might suit that could be removed without causing damage.
    I cant imagine Ill get through the tenancy without some splashing...
    Any ideas?
    If I cant find an option I'll see if the landlord would be open to having some tiling done.
    Originally posted by dini
    Most splashbacks can be screwed into place. Is it just painted walls at the moment? If so just remove the screws, fill the holes and paint over them before you move out.

Ikea also do some splashbacks that slot into rails, which might be easier to remove when you leave, or perhaps you could look at something like double sided tape if you really didn't want screw holes.
    Last edited by firsttimemover; 16-03-2017 at 2:17 PM.
    • dini
    • By dini 16th Mar 17, 3:00 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    dini
    • 16th Mar 17, 3:00 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 3:00 PM
    Thank you. That's worth a look.
    Yep. Painted walls.Only realised when I accidentally squirted fairy liquid at the wall. Oops.
    Light Bulb Moment: Feb 2007
    Debt: £65560 ~~~~~~ Debt Free day 24th March 2016
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 17th Mar 17, 12:17 PM
    • 1,750 Posts
    • 6,337 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:17 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:17 PM
    Mightn't be very fancy but I've used a patterned tray as a temporary fix. Colour and design matched to your kitchen and easily cleaned up
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    • Hedgehog99
    • By Hedgehog99 17th Mar 17, 3:36 PM
    • 1,293 Posts
    • 2,681 Thanks
    Hedgehog99
    • 17th Mar 17, 3:36 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 3:36 PM
    A piece of coloured Perspex, fastened with Command removable strips, stick pads or even just propped at a slight angle and held in place on the basin with a bit of sealant (that you could remove easily when leaving)?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,087Posts Today

8,995Users online

Martin's Twitter