Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scisorman
    • By Scisorman 16th Mar 17, 11:41 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Scisorman
    Natwest credit card PPI underwriters
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:41 AM
    Natwest credit card PPI underwriters 16th Mar 17 at 11:41 AM
    Does anyone know who the underwriters were for Natwest credit card insurance in 1995-2000? I was told it was Royal Sun Alliance but they have written to me saying they only underwrote the PPI on Natwest loans during this time.
    I'm being given the run around on this so any pointers would help. Thank you.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 16th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 87,325 Posts
    • 52,508 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    Does anyone know who the underwriters were for Natwest credit card insurance in 1995-2000?
    Why do you need to know?
    The underwriters are irrelevant when it comes to bank sold products.

I'm being given the run around on this so any pointers would help.
    It would be handy to know what you are trying to achieve. If it is a PPI complaint then you complain to the bank. The underwriter method does not apply to bank products. That method only works in a very very small number of cases where the sale was through a certain type of distribution using a certain type of commercial agreement during a very small period.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 16th Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    • 18,370 Posts
    • 8,607 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 16th Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    Does anyone know who the underwriters were for Natwest credit card insurance in 1995-2000?
    Originally posted by Scisorman
    Banks were regulated during this period so take full liability for any insurance they sold.

As you have already complained to the Bank directly and been successful ,as evidenced here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5604514

...then complaining to their underwriter will not net you any more compensation.

You are therefore wasting your time trying to find out this information.
    Last edited by Moneyineptitude; 16-03-2017 at 1:10 PM.
    • Scisorman
    • By Scisorman 16th Mar 17, 2:14 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scisorman
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:14 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:14 PM
    I am not after 'more compensation', and the reasons I need the details are personal to me. Stop making assumptions from a simple request. I thought this was a help board, and I need help with some details.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 16th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 18,370 Posts
    • 8,607 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    I am not after 'more compensation', and the reasons I need the details are personal to me.
    You've already posted exactly why you need the details in the earlier thread you made about a month ago!

we should at least be given some form of compensation for the stress and upset the PPI refusal led to, and how it exacerbated my illness. I do feel that somewhere I would like some form of compensation and an acknowledgement that the refusal to honour the PPI all those years ago was wrong.
    Natwest told me that they couldn't do anything about this but that I would have to take the issue up with the insurers of the policy at the time
    Any complaint to the insurers would be time barred now. You should have complained at the time, I'm afraid.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 16th Mar 17, 2:46 PM
    • 87,325 Posts
    • 52,508 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:46 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:46 PM
    I am not after 'more compensation', and the reasons I need the details are personal to me. Stop making assumptions from a simple request. I thought this was a help board, and I need help with some details.
    You can count me out then as I see no point wasting my time to help someone as ungrateful as you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Scisorman
    • By Scisorman 16th Mar 17, 3:13 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scisorman
    • 16th Mar 17, 3:13 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 3:13 PM
    Since my post a month ago the PPI aspect has been sorted. I just want the underwriters address and details for a letter regarding a personal issue. Not after money, just some help and information.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

259Posts Today

1,133Users online

Martin's Twitter