Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mh1923
    • By mh1923 16th Mar 17, 11:16 AM
    • 519Posts
    • 3,312Thanks
    mh1923
    A debt went to collections - and the amount tripled! Help!
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:16 AM
    A debt went to collections - and the amount tripled! Help! 16th Mar 17 at 11:16 AM
    I owed £213 to Southern Water* which went to one collections agency, and now to a third. When I got the notice about this third one, The amount is up to £630!!!

I've given up challenging the fact of the debt, but how do I challenge the amount? There's no way even with fees and such it should have gone up this much, right? Is there a template letter somewhere to use to challenge them on this?

Cheers,
    MH

* (FYI: If you have an external water tap that the neighbours can access for washing their cars, put a lock on it! This bill dates from the first month after metered water was put in, and we didn't realize that tap was being billed to us! We exhausted all the challenges we could trying to get out of paying that bill, but Southern Water wouldn't budge... )
    Hi, I'm Mich
    I won a years supply of Comfort fabric softener in November 2013 - more than half remains...
    2015 survey proceeds £115.36
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,880Posts Today

8,217Users online

Martin's Twitter