Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sparklegirl
    • By Sparklegirl 16th Mar 17, 11:10 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sparklegirl
    not sure if my Broker is at the madam!
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:10 AM
    not sure if my Broker is at the madam! 16th Mar 17 at 11:10 AM
    Hey all,

New to all this forum malarkey so bear with me.

Applying to buy a new build in Scotland. Saw a house we liked early Feb
    07/02 AIP TSB
    09/02 deposit on house to secure it
    09/02 HTB app submitted
    16/02 HTB approved and authority to proceed received
    21/02 mortgage appointment and full application submitted to TSB
    23/02 TSB assessing all docs apparently at the credit decisioning team?
    27/02 TSB requested 3 months payslips (CDT)
    03/03 TSB requested 3 months bank statements
    13/03 TSB requested evidence for credit union I am paying my loan
    still waiting........

Now I dont really have too much of an issue with TSB requesting the info as such because I do have two defaults (now paid) which are due to fall off this month so I figured it merited a closer look. I actually assumed they would say no but however they have passed most of that hurdles, well ish really. The problem is that I am not sure my broker really has a handle on things or are actually progressing them or even telling me the truth. I gave them all the info they needed at appointment one. All the statements they needed and all the payslips etc. They tell me that when they upload something it takes 24hrs to appear on TSB systems and every request can and does take up to 72hrs. Surely that cannot be correct? Surely they should be speaking to the underwriters to see if there is absolutely anything else they may need not the drip feed that is happening. Everytime the email comes in I am scared again they will say no despite the fact they have had everything disclosed in full and backed up by copious documents. I have no further issues and have kept my credit record in great order, never missed a payment and never used my credit limit of overdraft at all. Apart from defaults for 6 years ago now that have been paid and cleared as well.

property is £169995
    HTB £25,499
    deposit £8501
    ltv 80%

salary £40700
    am well within affordability with only debts being my car loan with my credit union at £187 a month and 2 CC one on 0% £1450 and the other £200 on a £2000 limit. I also have a next account with £600 on a £3000 limit all cc and next will be paid in full before mortgage due.
    I have also just got promoted at work (same employer civil service for last 22 years) and next month my salary will rise by £10k per annum. All evidenced.

My question is
    Does anyone know TSB timescales for assessment of documents ie is it 72hrs every time?
    Does anyone know if it takes 24hr for TSB to see documents uploaded by a broker?
    Would I be able to call TSB directly on this matter even though I applied via a broker?

I am pretty nervous because although I have been told by the broker that the credit decision team and the underwriter have passed my credit record I know that this can also be viewed with new eyes and until its a yes then its a no for me, if you know what I mean.
    I never thought i would get to being in the position to be able to apply so I am terrified it can and will be taken away. its just been going on for so long now as well.
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 16th Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    • 3,262 Posts
    • 2,025 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 16th Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    trust your broker and let them chase things up.

Does take time for underwriters to look at documents. Took 1 week for mine to look at each new document, they are not TSB though. Don't expect it to be 24 hours.

You need to be patient and wait for the process to complete it's course, no amount of calls by yourself or the broker will hasten things up, they will do it according to their own timelines.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,121Posts Today

7,258Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @zimpaz: @MartinSLewis My wife is from ireland. Lived here for 8 years. We own a house and have a baby together. It's a worrying topic f?

• RT @maeday05: @MartinSLewis Sorry, but I'm feeling a little smug

• Today's Twitter poll: Should EU citizens living in UK's full residency & other rights be guaranteed now, regardless of Brexit negotiations?

• Follow Martin