Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • irisheyes153
    • By irisheyes153 16th Mar 17, 11:01 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    irisheyes153
    first utility
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:01 AM
    first utility 16th Mar 17 at 11:01 AM
    Hi i need a little bit of help
    I have an issue with First Utility. Due to a disability I am unable to read my own meters. I got someone to read them for an accurate bill and waited for a bill.. no issues right?
    WRONG!
    they are attempting to debt collect on the voided estimated bill, threatening me with debt collectors and credit reference agencies.
    I'm getting about 3 texts per day for the wrong amount
    what do I do? I am at my wits end, calling them is less than useless as all they say is I have an open complaint (re having a smart meter fit) and they cannot open another complaint till this is closed!
    HALP

Callie
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 16th Mar 17, 8:35 PM
    • 3,456 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:35 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:35 PM
    Hi i need a little bit of help
    I have an issue with First Utility. Due to a disability I am unable to read my own meters. I got someone to read them for an accurate bill and waited for a bill.. no issues right?
    WRONG!
    they are attempting to debt collect on the voided estimated bill, threatening me with debt collectors and credit reference agencies.
    I'm getting about 3 texts per day for the wrong amount
    what do I do? I am at my wits end, calling them is less than useless as all they say is I have an open complaint (re having a smart meter fit) and they cannot open another complaint till this is closed!
    HALP

Callie
    Originally posted by irisheyes153
    Follow the supplier's complaint procedure, putting your complaint in writing and sending it using Royal Mail Signed For, so that, if necessary, in 8 weeks time you can prove to the ombudsman service that the complaint was delivered.
    • irisheyes153
    • By irisheyes153 16th Mar 17, 8:51 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    irisheyes153
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:51 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:51 PM
    I have this all via email, is that still ok? I have sent in written complaints but they are refusing to log it as I have a complaint open about something totally different
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 16th Mar 17, 8:58 PM
    • 3,456 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:58 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:58 PM
    I have this all via email, is that still ok? I have sent in written complaints but they are refusing to log it as I have a complaint open about something totally different
    Originally posted by irisheyes153
    If you have a confirmation of receipt, then that is fine.
    (Even an email response from them saying they are refusing to log it as a complaint would do as confirmation they received it)
    Otherwise, they may say they never got your complaint, when you come to ask the ombudsman service for assistence 8 weeks later, if there is no staisfactory resolution.
    • irisheyes153
    • By irisheyes153 16th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    irisheyes153
    • 16th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    Thanks,
    they are as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle and told me I didn't understand the difference between a payment plan and a bill!!
    I've got email responses and transcripts of the webchats I have had. I rue the day I ever went to them!
    • dogshome
    • By dogshome 17th Mar 17, 10:56 AM
    • 2,854 Posts
    • 1,447 Thanks
    dogshome
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:56 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 10:56 AM
    There is a system in place whereby customers who are unable for reasons of Disability/Infirmity to read their own meters, are registered as such by the supplier who then organises regular calls by a meter reader.

My sister is registered as such and her supplier, EDF, sends in a meter reader 4 times a year
    • Alex444
    • By Alex444 17th Mar 17, 6:03 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Alex444
    • 17th Mar 17, 6:03 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 6:03 PM
    Had 5 years of dealing with these muppets, have to be the worst company on this planet, don't hold your breath expecting sensible replies, they are absolutely dire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,617Posts Today

8,785Users online

Martin's Twitter