Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceb1995
    • By ceb1995 16th Mar 17, 9:43 AM
    • 140Posts
    • 134Thanks
    ceb1995
    private health insurance which covers existing conditions and future conditions?
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:43 AM
    private health insurance which covers existing conditions and future conditions? 16th Mar 17 at 9:43 AM
    I m aware it will vary between policies but have been considering getting private health insurances at times but have suffered from asthma and hayfever for years so wondering if it makes a policy extortionate? It would also be a case of convenience as I have to use time out of work unpaid whenever I need a doctors appointment to get a prescription as they don't have an asthma practitioner available on my day off.
    Earnings 2017:
    Swagbucks £49
    Cashback: £113.04
Page 1
    • Weighty1
    • By Weighty1 16th Mar 17, 10:52 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Weighty1
    • 16th Mar 17, 10:52 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 10:52 AM
    PHI does not cover chronic conditions such as Asthma so what you are wanting to achieve wouldn't really be offered by a private medical insurance plan anyway.

Even if it did, you'd typically find that pre-existing conditions aren't covered as it would encourage people to take out a plan, obtained private treatment and then cancel the cover.
    • ceb1995
    • By ceb1995 16th Mar 17, 11:48 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    ceb1995
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:48 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 11:48 AM
    PHI does not cover chronic conditions such as Asthma so what you are wanting to achieve wouldn't really be offered by a private medical insurance plan anyway.

Even if it did, you'd typically find that pre-existing conditions aren't covered as it would encourage people to take out a plan, obtained private treatment and then cancel the cover.
    Originally posted by Weighty1
    thank you for your reply, think i ll just need to do more through research into the private gps available in my area instead. I'd switch gps but I'm registered at the lesser of evils in my catchment area as it is.
    Earnings 2017:
    Swagbucks £49
    Cashback: £113.04
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,760Posts Today

8,913Users online

Martin's Twitter