Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Willsie01
    • By Willsie01 16th Mar 17, 8:32 AM
    • 17Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Willsie01
    Calculate Deferred State Pension
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:32 AM
    Calculate Deferred State Pension 16th Mar 17 at 8:32 AM
    How do I accurately calculate my deferred state pension before I claim it?
    The DWP only provide an estimate with the disclaimer that it is only an estimate, deliberately conservative and the true figure can only be given when the pension is claimed.

What I do know is that basically it increases by 10.4% per annum (1% every 5 weeks from memory) but this basic principle doesn't factor in other variables that apply.
    Last edited by Willsie01; 16-03-2017 at 8:35 AM. Reason: Forgotten info
Page 1
    • Alter ego
    • By Alter ego 16th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    Alter ego
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    I have same problem, I was drawing it 7 yrs before I deferred, I'm just using my last pension payment and adding the 10.4%. That doesn't take account of the annual rises since deferring though.
    It'all guesswork really.
    Ignore me if you like, it's not the real me anyway.
    • kidmugsy
    • By kidmugsy 16th Mar 17, 9:13 AM
    • 9,471 Posts
    • 6,245 Thanks
    kidmugsy
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:13 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:13 AM
    It'all guesswork really.
    Originally posted by Alter ego
    Not really. Take your last pension statement, add on the increases to the Basic Pension using the triple lock, and to the additional pension and GRB using CPI, and there you are.

That's assuming that your deferral is all post April 2012. Before then you'd have to look up what happened before the triple lock was introduced.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 16th Mar 17, 10:54 AM
    • 22,396 Posts
    • 12,918 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 16th Mar 17, 10:54 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 10:54 AM
    https://www.communities-ni.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/dsd/your-guide-to-state-pension-deferral.pdf
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,514Users online

Martin's Twitter