Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 16th Mar 17, 2:05 AM
    • 951Posts
    • 370Thanks
    atlantis187
    Vauxhall Zafira - Which One?
    • 16th Mar 17, 2:05 AM
    Vauxhall Zafira - Which One? 16th Mar 17 at 2:05 AM
    I'm after a Vauxhall Zafira anything above a 08 plate.
    Can anyone please explain to me what the difference is between these models:

Sri
    Design
    Elitte

I'm totally confused and aint got a clue.

Thanks
Page 2
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 17th Mar 17, 11:06 PM
    • 951 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    atlantis187
    thats the problem though most of the zafiras out there are diesel rather than petrol
    • interstellaflyer
    • By interstellaflyer 18th Mar 17, 9:25 AM
    • 1,596 Posts
    • 938 Thanks
    interstellaflyer
    thats the problem though most of the zafiras out there are diesel rather than petrol
    Originally posted by atlantis187
    To be fair, that's probably typical of the market in general.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
    • Martyn1981
    • By Martyn1981 18th Mar 17, 11:33 AM
    • 5,435 Posts
    • 9,306 Thanks
    Martyn1981
    Having spoken to a few more people some are saying don't go for a Zafira and they are not the most reliable of cars.
    We bought ours new in 13 as the deal was just too good (9,500). I've also driven others. Not had any problems, though of course that doesn't mean it won't fall apart tomorrow.

The fact that they haven't changed much since 05 means that they are an old, tried and trusted model.

Not an advert, honest, as I'd rather have gotten a smaller car, say Meriva, but couldn't walk away from the deal. Since then I'm reminded just how versatile and clever this car is.
    Just 'call me Mart'. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (2.4 ESE & 1.18 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 18th Mar 17, 7:23 PM
    • 951 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    atlantis187
    Just realised road tax on these Zafira is a massive rip off 270 a year.
    • david a
    • By david a 19th Mar 17, 2:13 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    david a
    Unfortunately most automatics attract higher tax. If you buy one of the newer automated manuals, easytronic/dsg/egc, the tax and fuel consumption is better but can be expensive to repair.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 19th Mar 17, 4:50 PM
    • 14,845 Posts
    • 8,329 Thanks
    motorguy
    Just realised road tax on these Zafira is a massive rip off 270 a year.
    You pays your money....
    Regards

Paul
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

585Posts Today

5,434Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin