Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ElParque
    • By ElParque 15th Mar 17, 9:40 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    ElParque
    Photo 'evidence' received.
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:40 PM
    Photo 'evidence' received. 15th Mar 17 at 9:40 PM
    I have a court date set. My case is a pre-Oct 2012 one.

Is the claimant's solicitor likely to produce the photo evidence in court? This is a pay and display case where they claim the driver stayed longer than the ticket allowed. No ANPR is involved. They have sent me the photo evidence.

In a letter, the claimant claimed that the driver drove off before the parking attendant had time to place the ticket on the car but the attendant's hand-written note says it was handed back by the driver. I've only just discovered this so I didn't mention it in my defence. Is it worth mentioning in my witness statement?
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Mar 17, 9:53 PM
    • 6,627 Posts
    • 6,536 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:53 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:53 PM
    full time stamped photos? authenticated by who
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Mar 17, 9:55 PM
    • 6,627 Posts
    • 6,536 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:55 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:55 PM
    PS: you will be calling the "attendant" as a witnesss (pre 2012???)
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 10:06 PM
    • 44,202 Posts
    • 56,929 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:06 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:06 PM
    I have a court date set. My case is a pre-Oct 2012 one.

Is the claimant's solicitor likely to produce the photo evidence in court? This is a pay and display case where they claim the driver stayed longer than the ticket allowed. No ANPR is involved. They have sent me the photo evidence.

In a letter, the claimant claimed that the driver drove off before the parking attendant had time to place the ticket on the car but the attendant's hand-written note says it was handed back by the driver. I've only just discovered this so I didn't mention it in my defence. Is it worth mentioning in my witness statement?
    Originally posted by ElParque
    Yes, in your WS, mention all aspects of their WS which make no sense or are wrong, and really go to town explaining why a keeper cannot be liable, pre-POFA.

Show us your WS if you have time before the submission date. Doesn't matter if they see it, they will soon enough!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ElParque
    • By ElParque 15th Mar 17, 10:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ElParque
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:07 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:07 PM
    The photos are stamped with a date and the 'ticket' refers to their existence. I won't be calling the attendant as a witness and assume that nor will the claimant but I still wonder if they are likely to include the photos in their evidence (although they show or prove nothing).
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    • 44,202 Posts
    • 56,929 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    They should have included the photos with their WS, did they not?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ElParque
    • By ElParque 15th Mar 17, 10:14 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ElParque
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:14 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:14 PM
    Yes, in your WS, mention all aspects of their WS which make no sense or are wrong, and really go to town explaining why a keeper cannot be liable, pre-POFA.

Show us your WS if you have time before the submission date. Doesn't matter if they see it, they will soon enough!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I haven't seen their witness statement yet and assume I won't get to see it before I've sent mine in.

The photos I have were sent to me in response to a request for evidence. They aren't proof of anything except that my car was parked in that car park at some point. The pay and display ticket on view on the dashboard of my car which they claim was out of time, is completely illegible.

I certainly will post a copy of my witness statement! The date is still a month or so away but I will try to get it written up soon!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

704Posts Today

6,195Users online

Martin's Twitter